Members of the Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB, arrested three days ago during a Jewish religious procession in Abia state have neither been arraigned nor released, the group has said.
“Our brethren unlawfully arrested and detained during the Jewish procession have not yet been charged to court or freed,” he said when asked for an update on the matter.
Meanwhile, the Abia State Police Command has said it was still profiling the suspected 51 IPOB members.
The suspects, 10 females and 41 males, according to the police, would be arraigned in court soon.
Also, the rumour that created fears in residents of the city that the procession would continue yesterday turned out to be a hoax as no member of the group held any demonstration.
Normal social and commercial activities went on unhindered yesterday as people went about their businesses.
However, the Army and Police still patrol the streets of the city and environs.
Also Read: 👇🏾
- Ekweremadu Attack: PDP were the main cheerleaders of IPOB and they owe this country an apology – APC
- Igbo community in Germany calls IPOB a humiliation of the Igbo race in a foreign land as it apologises to Ekweremadu
- Toyin Lawani exposes DMs old men sent to her 14-year-old daughter as she calls them out for being pedophiles
- Osun State declares public holiday for traditional worshippers
- Reno Omokri shares video of himself dancing as he mocks Wole Soyinka