The leader of proscribed Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) Nnamdi Kanu, has vowed to stop the re-election of the Abia state governor, Dr. Okezie Ikpeazu in 2019.
Kanu cited his reasons was the governor allowed the Operation Python Dance II, a Nigeria military code of operation which was launched in South-east in September 2017.
According to Kanu, Ikpeazu is a descendant of the Fulani caliphate for allowing such operation which led the military invasion of his home and death of his supporters who had clashed with the military during the operation.
However, Ikpeazu, a governor under the platform of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) is seeking for re-election after coming into power in 2015.
Speaking on the forthcoming governorship election in the state during a live broadcast on radio Biafra on Saturday, Kanu, a native of Abia State, wondered why the residents of the state will vote again after the last operation python dance carried out by the Nigeria Army in the region.
“I don’t understand people, after operation python dance I, II, III, you people still want to vote in Abia state.
“One thing I know is Okezie Ikpeazu will not go back. We will stop him.
“If Okezie Ikpeazu goes back to Abia state government house, Abia state will burn because he is a descendant of the Hausa Fulani”, Kanu vowed.
It should be recalled that the IPOB leader resurfaced in Jerusalem, Israel October 19 this year after the military invasion of his community in Abia state in 2017.
Since the attack, the whereabouts of Eze Israel Kanu, the father of the secessionist leader and also the traditional leader of Afaraukwu-Ibeku community in Umuahia North Local Government Area of the state has not been known.
Kanu is leading a group seeking secession from Nigeria. The group has since been proscribed by the Nigerian Government.
Also Read: 👇🏾
- Osun State declares public holiday for traditional worshippers
- Nigeria’s population explosion is frightening – Buhari
- Reno Omokri shares video of himself dancing as he mocks Wole Soyinka
- Ekweremadu Attack: PDP were the main cheerleaders of IPOB and they owe this country an apology – APC
- Toyin Lawani exposes DMs old men sent to her 14-year-old daughter as she calls them out for being pedophiles
- Igbo community in Germany calls IPOB a humiliation of the Igbo race in a foreign land as it apologises to Ekweremadu