The presidency has declared that President Muhammadu Buhari won’t interfere in deciding those to lead the 9th National Assembly.
Buhari’s Special Adviser on National Assembly matters (Senate), Ita Enang, said the president had devolved the responsibility to the All Progressives Congress, APC, to decide.
Speaking with Daily Independent, Enang said: “The president is the leader of the party and the party is handling the situation.
“The president does not have to speak on every matter. He devolves power which he has done in this case.
“He does not give the power to the party because the power belongs to the party; he is just the leader of the party. So, the party of which he is the leader chaired by the national chairman is handling the situation and is on top of it.
“The members themselves, both senators and Reps members are very serious stakeholders at the highest level. So, we are relating with them and they have given assurances that they will respect the party’s position.”
Also Read: 👇🏾
- Ekweremadu Attack: PDP were the main cheerleaders of IPOB and they owe this country an apology – APC
- Igbo community in Germany calls IPOB a humiliation of the Igbo race in a foreign land as it apologises to Ekweremadu
- Godswill Akpabio is Minister of Niger Delta, Timipre Silva – Minister of State for Petroleum! See the Full list of Ministers and their portfolios
- Asari Dokubo slams Nnamdi Kanu over attack on Senator Ike Ekweremadu in Germany (video)
- Nigeria’s population explosion is frightening – Buhari
- Police seal venue of #RevolutionNow summit in Lagos (Photos)
- Reno Omokri shares video of himself dancing as he mocks Wole Soyinka