President Muhammadu Buhari has congratulated the Ekiti State Governor, Kayode Fayemi on his emergence as the Chairman of the Nigerian Governors’ Forum, NGF.
Buhari urged Fayemi to use his new position to forge a deeper harmonious and fruitful working relationship not only with the Federal Government but also with other arms and tiers of government.
In a statement signed by his Special Adviser on Media and Publicity, Femi Adesina and forwarded to Newzandar, on Thursday, Buhari expressed delight that Fayemi’s choice was by consensus, indicating the degree of confidence reposed in him by his colleagues.
According to Buhari: “The focal objective of the Nigeria Governors’ Forum at all times ought to be the higher interest of the people of this country above partisan, political, religious or regional differences.”
The president also expressed the readiness of the Federal Government to support the Forum to realise its laudable objectives.
Buhari, while wishing Gov. Fayemi a successful tenure, commended his immediate predecessor, Gov. Abdul’aziz Yari of Zamfara State for his leadership as chairman of the NGF.
Also Read: 👇🏾
- We only enjoy 24hrs power supply when you return home – Daura leaders tells Buhari
- Our Priority Investments In Infrastructure Paying Off – Buhari
- Abia North : Ohuabunwa debunks kalu’s claims over FG’s erosion intervention
- Abuja base lawyer seeks court order to block Buhari from swearing-in ministers
- Asari Dokubo slams Nnamdi Kanu over attack on Senator Ike Ekweremadu in Germany (video)
- Atiku’s Lawyer, One Other Arraign by EFCC
- Police seal venue of #RevolutionNow summit in Lagos (Photos)