President Muhammadu Buhari has sent a “strong warning” to all Nigerian celebrities to stop using him for comedy.
Newzandar reports that the President gave the warning in Abuja, Nigeria’s capital, on Monday, May 13.
President Buhari stressed that other countries have their challenges and yet their citizens don’t publicly criticize their leaders.
“My government is trying all it takes to tackle insecurity which I see as the only challenge Nigeria is facing at the moment,” President Buhari vowed.
The President also said he will relinquish power if the Election Tribunal declares Atiku Abubakar of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Nigeria’s main opposition party, as the winner of the 2019 Presidential election.
Newzandar recalls that the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) declared Buhari who participated in the election on the platform of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Nigeria’s ruling party, winner of the February 23 Presidential election.
The commission had said figures from the 36 states and Federal Capital Territory (FCT) gave Buhari 15,191,847 votes, while Atiku came second with 11,262,978 votes.
Challenging the results at the election tribunal in his 139-page petition, Abubakarsaid the results from INEC server showed he polled 18,356,732 votes to defeat Buhari who had 16,741,430 votes.
Reacting to the development on Monday, President Buhari said he will hand over to the PDP candidate if the court declares him the winner of the election.
The President also gave Nigerians full assurance to end the country’s problems in his four years.
Meanwhile, the 2019 Presidential Election Petition Tribunal is headed by the President of the Court of Appeal, Justice Zainab Bulkachuwa who is alleged to have been indicted by Department of State Services (DSS).
Also Read: 👇🏾
- Abuja base lawyer seeks court order to block Buhari from swearing-in ministers
- Atiku’s Lawyer, One Other Arraign by EFCC
- We only enjoy 24hrs power supply when you return home – Daura leaders tells Buhari
- Our Priority Investments In Infrastructure Paying Off – Buhari
- Abia North : Ohuabunwa debunks kalu’s claims over FG’s erosion intervention
- Asari Dokubo slams Nnamdi Kanu over attack on Senator Ike Ekweremadu in Germany (video)
- Police seal venue of #RevolutionNow summit in Lagos (Photos)