Following Antoine Griezmann’s move away from Atletico Madrid, there are speculations that Arsenal striker, Alexandre Lacazette could leave Emirate to join the Spanish side as a replacement for Griezmann in the summer transfer window.
Recall that Griezmann on Tuesday confirmed that he is leaving Atletico Madrid at the end of the season.
The striker has been heavily linked with a move to La Liga Champions, Barcelona.
The France player wrote on Twitter, “After speaking with [coach Diego Simeone], [CEO Miguel] Angel Gil Marin and with people in the club’s hierarchy, I wanted to speak with you, the fans.”
“You have always shown me a lot of love and I wanted to be the first to tell you that I’ve taken the decision to leave to see other things and take on other challenges.”
“It’s been a difficult route to take, but it’s what I feel I need.”
“Thanks for everything during five fantastic years here, where I was able to win my first big trophies. There have been some incredible moments that I will always remember. You, the supporters, will always be in my heart.”
According to Le 10 Sport, Atlectico Madrid has joined Barcelona in the race to sign Lacazette.
- Transfer: James Rodriguez’s new club finally confirmed
- Transfer: How Chelsea helped Arsenal buy Aubameyang
- Real Madrid finally reveal why Zinedine Zidane left pre-season camp
- BREAKING: De Ligt arrives in Turin to complete Juventus move [VIDEO]
- Nigeria vs Algeria: Rohr reveals mistake Super Eagles made, singles out one player
- Transfer: Man United finally ‘agree world-record deal’ for EPL top player
- Transfer: Maguire finally leaves Leicester to undergo medicals at new club
- Real reason NFF cannot sack Rohr revealed
- Nigeria vs Tunisia: Rohr to drop Akpeyi, Mikel Obi ruled out
- Nigeria vs Tunisia: Fans react as Super Eagles finish in third-place at AFCON 2019