Suspected gunmen have assassinated a chieftain of the All Progressives Congress, APC, Benson Omunakwe, in Rivers State.
Omunakwe, a State House of Assembly aspirant for Obio-Akpor Constituency II in the just-concluded general elections, was shot dead by unknown gunmen in the early hours of Thursday.
Newzandar gathered that Omunakwe was shot inside his vehicle.
The Rivers State Police Command has confirmed the incident.
Spokesman of the command, Nnamdi Omoni said the Commissioner of Police; Usman Belel ordered investigation into the assassination that led to the arrest of two suspects.
Omoni also said the suspects were helping the police in investigation, just as he disclosed that the victim was shot dead around Agip Estate within Rumueme community in Obio-Akpor Local Government Area of the state.
Also Read: 👇🏾
- 3 Killed As Isheri Community Festival Turns Violent
- Benin Auto Spare Parts Market inferno: Obaseki assures of support to affected traders
- Ex-Banker jailed 10 years for stealing depositors’ money (photo)
- Graphic Photos: Speeding truck crushes 4-year-old boy to death in Calabar
- Sad! Man douses his wife and children with acid after divorce in Kaduna
- Students of forestry and wildlife shiver in terror as they are made to carry a snake as part of their continuous assessment