Police Tell Residents To Ignore IPOB Orders
The Police command in Anambra state has asked residents of the state to disregard the sit-at-home order issued by members of the proscribed Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB.
The statement directed its members and all residents of the state to sit-at-home on Thursday, May 30th as continue their agitation for the actualization of sovereign Biafra.
However, the Anambra state police command in a statement released to newsmen, which was signed by SP Haruna Mohammed, Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO)Anambra State Command on behalf of the state’s police commissioner, said any directive from IPOB should be ignored.
Read the statement below:
PRESS RELEASE BY ANAMBRA STATE POLICE COMMAND ON THE THREATS BY PROSCRIBED IPOB MEMBERS TO ENFORCE SIT- AT -HOME ORDER ON THE 30/5/2019.
Information at the disposal of the Anambra State Police Command has revealed that the outlawed group, Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) are perfecting plans through public announcement and threats in Nnewi and other parts of the State in order to enforce a “SIT -AT -HOME ORDER” warning people to stay at home and not to come out for any business activities on the 30/5/2019.
2. For the avoidance of doubt, the indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) is still a proscribed organisation hence all its activities remains illegal.
3. The Commissioner of Police Anambra State Command CP Mustapha Dandauraenjoins “Ndi Anambra” to disregard alleged calls by any group urging them to sit at home on the 30/5/2019 and go about their lawful businesses.
4. The CP further assures the Public that adequate security arrangements have been put in place by combined Security forces in the State to proactively nip in the bud any threat emanating from such groups.
5. Finally, the Command will therefore not hesitate to deal decisively with and in accordance with the law any individual or groups under any guise that will disrupt Public Peace in the State.
SP Haruna Mohammed,
Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO)Anambra State Command.
For- Commissioner of Police Anambra State Command.
Also Read: 👇🏾
- Police seal venue of #RevolutionNow summit in Lagos (Photos)
- Igbo community in Germany calls IPOB a humiliation of the Igbo race in a foreign land as it apologises to Ekweremadu
- Ekweremadu Attack: PDP were the main cheerleaders of IPOB and they owe this country an apology – APC
- Asari Dokubo slams Nnamdi Kanu over attack on Senator Ike Ekweremadu in Germany (video)
- Godswill Akpabio is Minister of Niger Delta, Timipre Silva – Minister of State for Petroleum! See the Full list of Ministers and their portfolios
- Ambode confirms EFCC raid on his Ikoyi and Epe residence, says ‘no cause for alarm’
- Osun State declares public holiday for traditional worshippers
- Toyin Lawani exposes DMs old men sent to her 14-year-old daughter as she calls them out for being pedophiles
- Nigeria’s population explosion is frightening – Buhari
- Reno Omokri shares video of himself dancing as he mocks Wole Soyinka