The Presidency has clarified that the inauguration of President Buhari for a second term will hold on May 29th and not June 12th as is being speculated.
There have been reports that the inauguration will hold on June 12th which the Federal government last year declared as Democracy day.
However in an interview with Punch, Garba Shehu, said there is no truth to the report as President Buhari will be inaugurated for his second term on Wednesday, May 29th.
The presidential aide said ;
“There is no truth in that report. As a matter of fact, we will soon issue a statement on it to clear the air. The President was inaugurated for his first term in office on May 29, 2015. He ceases to be President on May 29, 2019, if he is not inaugurated for his second term on that day. For the avoidance of doubt, there is no plan to shift the President’s inauguration to June 12. The inauguration will hold on May 29. Those claiming that the inauguration will be shifted to June 12 are only trying to cause confusion in the polity. It is not true.”
Also Read: 👇🏾
- Nigeria’s population explosion is frightening – Buhari
- Ekweremadu Attack: PDP were the main cheerleaders of IPOB and they owe this country an apology – APC
- Reno Omokri shares video of himself dancing as he mocks Wole Soyinka
- Igbo community in Germany calls IPOB a humiliation of the Igbo race in a foreign land as it apologises to Ekweremadu
- Godswill Akpabio is Minister of Niger Delta, Timipre Silva – Minister of State for Petroleum! See the Full list of Ministers and their portfolios
- Toyin Lawani exposes DMs old men sent to her 14-year-old daughter as she calls them out for being pedophiles