The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has reacted to official declaration of its candidate, Bello Matawalle, as winner of the Zamfara State governorship election.
The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) chairman, Mahmood Yakubu had on Saturday declared Bello Mohammed Matawalle and other PDP candidates winners of the elections held in the state.
He made this known during at a press conference monitored by DAILY POST in Abuja on Saturday.
According to Yakubu, PDP won in all elective positions in the state after the All Progressives Congress failed to conduct a valid primary election.
PDP in a statement signed by its National Publicity Secretary, Kola Ologbondiyan, congratulated Zamfara State Governor-elect, Bello Mohammed Matawalle, all federal and state legislators-elect, as well as people of Zamfara State, describing their victory as the triumph of the will of the people over manipulative forces.
The statement read in part: “The party says this victory is a clear pointer to the fact that no matter how long manipulations and anti-democratic tendencies appear to thrive, justice and the will of the people always prevail at the end of the day.
“The PDP assures the people of Zamfara state of a purposeful, people-based and result-oriented leadership that will unite and revitalize the state for the greater good, in line with the wishes and aspiration of the people.
“The party says Zamfara is blessed with abundant human and natural resources adding that the in-coming administration will direct all energies towards harnessing such resources for the wellbeing of all the people.
“The PDP, therefore, urges the people of Zamfara State to resist all forces of division and unite behind their new leaders to move the state forward.
“In congratulating the people of Zamfara state, the PDP expressed optimism that justice will prevail in its effort to retrieve all its stolen mandate, particularly the Presidential mandate that Nigerians freely gave to Atiku Abubakar, at the courts.”
Also Read: 👇🏾
- Abia Govt releases Official Phone lines, says ‘We value your feedback’
- Ekweremadu Attack: PDP were the main cheerleaders of IPOB and they owe this country an apology – APC
- Buhari Meets With IDPs In Katsina, Assures Of Better Protection
- Newly wedded man commits suicide after his wife allegedly confessed to be pregnant for another man
- Female Boko Haram suicide bomber kills six people in Chad
- Galaxy Mall: El-Rufai flags off N3.9bn Project
- Abia Governnent,Organised Labour Partners in Progress,Says Ikpeazu