Super Eagles forward, Ahmed Musa, has made his final wish ahead of the 2019 African Cup of Nations in Egypt.
The Saudi Arabia based star said he is hopeful that none of the 23 players named in Gernot Rohr’s team will suffer injury setbacks.
Musa said it is time to focus on the team’s fitness rather than the form of the players prior to the Nations Cup.
“Its flattering to be appreciated for what you have done with your club before a major tournament like this (AFCON),” Musa told allnigeriasoccer.com.
“Now we are going for the Nations Cup and our prayer and expectations should be to be injury free.
“The players have worked hard to qualify the team for the Nations Cup so we hope that no one suffers any injury.”
- Nigeria vs Tunisia: Rohr to drop Akpeyi, Mikel Obi ruled out
- Nigerians in shock as Odion Ighalo confirms his retirement from international football with Nigeria
- AFCON 2019: Pinnick ‘snubs’ Rohr during bronze medal presentation [VIDEO]
- Nigeria vs Algeria: Rohr reveals mistake Super Eagles made, singles out one player
- AFCON 2019: Odion Ighalo wins 2019 AFCON Golden Boot, See list of scorers
- Nigeria vs Algeria: Joseph Yobo reveals why Super Eagles lost 2-1 to Desert Foxes
- Nigeria vs Algeria: Nigerian man destroys his TV after Nigeria lost to Algeria
- Real reason NFF cannot sack Rohr revealed
- Nigeria vs Algeria: Odemwingie reveals player responsible for Super Eagles’ defeat
- Nigeria vs Tunisia: Fans react as Super Eagles finish in third-place at AFCON 2019