The Nigerian Army, 32 Artillery Brigade, Owena Barracks, Akure has launched a “Special Anti-kidnapping Squad” to combat the spate of kidnappings in Ondo State.
According to the Brigade Commander, Brig. General Zakari Logun Abubakar, his men were battle ready for the operation, which will also extend to Ekiti State.
Brig. General Abubakar, who decried the worrisome cases of kidnappings, which he said were fast becoming the latest trend for criminals, revealed that the vast forests of both states will be combed towards flushing them out of the states.
“In order to fight this scourge heads long, we have already launched the anti-kidnapping squad of the military section.
“This squad, which is a special one, would be active, mobile and swift in reacting to cases of kidnappings in the states of our jurisdiction.
“And in order to achieve this vigour, they are to mount strategic location of the roads, check on passengers and vigilant to react to kidnap case.
“We have identified the prone areas where these criminal elements use to perpetrate their evil works. They are bushes in Ondo, Ekiti and Ibiilo in Edo State.”
He added that the Special Squad, which is a wing directly under his Command, is manned by a trained senior military officer, Captain B.M Danlima.
He noted that the army has reached out to stakeholders in the security sector, community leaders and the Miyetti Allah Cattle Breeders Association of Nigeria in order to further achieve success in the bid to wage war on the menace.
- Just In: Presidency to verify Gov. Makinde’s source of wealth
- BREAKING: Obasanjo raises alarm in another open letter to Buhari [Full text]
- Presidential Tribunal: Buhari plays video on INEC Chairman’s claim on server in court
- BREAKING: Samson Siasia’s mother kidnapped in Bayelsa
- Nigeria’s cup is full – Pastor Tunde Bakare reacts to Fasoranti daughter’s murder
- This is not the time to play deaf – Soyinka warns Buhari over Obasanjo’s letter