President Muhammadu Buhari has commiserated with Governor of Jigawa State, Abubakar Badaru, over the death of his mother-in-law, Hajiya Binta Garba Tasha Funtua.
His condolence was contained in a statement on Sunday by presidential spokesman, Garba Shehu.
The President said: “I am profoundly touched by the passing of your mother-in-law, Hajiya Binta Garba Funtua and I join your entire family in mourning the inspiring mother.
“Your Excellency, words cannot express my grief over the demise of this great woman. My thoughts and prayers go out to you and all members of your family at this difficult time.
“While extending my condolences for this irreparable loss, I pray to Almighty God to comfort you and members of your family. May Allah forgive her shortcomings and reward her good deeds with aljanna. Amin thumma Amin.’’
- BREAKING: Samson Siasia’s mother kidnapped in Bayelsa
- The Igbos have produced more US dollar multimillionaires – Reno Omokri
- Nigeria’s cup is full – Pastor Tunde Bakare reacts to Fasoranti daughter’s murder
- BREAKING: Obasanjo raises alarm in another open letter to Buhari [Full text]
- This is not the time to play deaf – Soyinka warns Buhari over Obasanjo’s letter
- Presidential Tribunal: Buhari plays video on INEC Chairman’s claim on server in court
- Just In: Presidency to verify Gov. Makinde’s source of wealth