The Imo state police command have arrested three domestic staff of the immediate past governor of the state, Rochas Okorocha, over the invasion of his bedroom in the early hours of Saturday, June 1st.
Yet to be identified hoodlums inavded the home of the former governor in the early hours of Saturday, June 1st. The former governor was at the time of the invasion in his house in Ogboko in the Ideato South Local Government Area of the state.
The Commissioner of Police in the state, Rabiu Ladodo, says CCTV footage obtained form the house shows that the invasion was a mastermind of the domestic staff. Ladodo said three of the domestic staff including one of the cooks have been arrested.
“We have arrested three domestic staff of the immediate past governor. Preliminary investigation carried out by us showed that the invasion was carried out by those who are working there. We have obtained the CCTV footage in the house and that has helped our investigation. The footage showed that the invasion was purely an internal sabotage.
“We have arrested three domestic staff. We also arrested the cook. I want to assure Imo people that we are on top of the situation and we are doing everything possible to ensure that nothing is left undone in making sure that justice prevails.” Ladodo said
The former governor vacated government house and returned to his private home on Tuesday, May 28th.
Also Read: 👇🏾
- Our Priority Investments In Infrastructure Paying Off – Buhari
- Abia North : Ohuabunwa debunks kalu’s claims over FG’s erosion intervention
- We only enjoy 24hrs power supply when you return home – Daura leaders tells Buhari
- Police seal venue of #RevolutionNow summit in Lagos (Photos)
- Asari Dokubo slams Nnamdi Kanu over attack on Senator Ike Ekweremadu in Germany (video)
- Abuja base lawyer seeks court order to block Buhari from swearing-in ministers