Barcelona will make a move for Manchester United defender, Victor Lindelof, should their attempts to sign Matthijs De Ligt fall through, Mundo Deportivo reports.
Lindelof has grown into one of United’s most trusted centre back after impressing last term, following a difficult first season at Old Trafford.
However, the Swede could be prised away should Barca’s number 1 target, 19-year-old De Ligt, opt to sign for Juventus, which has been widely reported in recent weeks.
De Ligt is expected to command a £62million fee.
The 19-year-old back guided Ajax to the Eredivisie title and Champions League semi-final last season, but will leave this summer.
His former team-mate, Frenkie de Jong, has already sealed a £65m move to Barcelona, but De Ligt appears to have rejected the opportunity.
Also Read: 👇🏾
- Barcelona ready €100m plus Coutinho bid for Neymar as they send delegation to Paris for talks
- I want to make a name for myself at Everton – Iwobi
- ‘Pogba’s heart isn’t fully in it at Man Utd’ – Ince
- Emilioano Sala and pilot had been exposed to toxic levels of carbon monoxide before plane crashed
- I had to walk naked to prove to people I was a girl – Caster Semenya