Arsenal forward, Alex Iwobi, has said that the four teams in the semi-final of the 2019 African Cup of Nations are all favourites to win the trophy.
Nigeria will clash with Algeria in one of the semi-final matches while Tunisia take on Senegal in the other game.
Iwobi said that Nigeria’s preparation for the game against Algeria on Sunday has not been affected by the fact that many view the Super Eagles as favourites for the title.
The Arsenal star is cautious about getting carried away.
“Normally you have to ignore and not pay attention to it,” Iwobi said in his interview with BBC Sport.
“It’s a hard one to say. There’s still Algeria, Senegal and Tunisia. All four of us are capable of winning. We’ve all got quality players. I wouldn’t know who’s the favourite at this point in time.
“Even though we were able to win two games in the group stage, it wasn’t the greatest performance but sometimes you know you don’t have to play well to win games.
“Against Cameroon and South Africa I’d say we’ve done well, we dug deep. But it’s not the end, we have to continue against Algeria, we are very confident as we are able to beat the holders and a team that beat the hosts.
“It gives us the confidence but we will stay with a bit of humility and hopefully go on and win the game.”
- Nigeria vs Algeria: Rohr reveals mistake Super Eagles made, singles out one player
- Nigeria vs Algeria: Joseph Yobo reveals why Super Eagles lost 2-1 to Desert Foxes
- Nigeria vs Algeria: Odemwingie reveals player responsible for Super Eagles’ defeat
- AFCON 2019: Algeria defeat Senegal to lift trophy
- Nigeria vs Tunisia: Fans react as Super Eagles finish in third-place at AFCON 2019
- Nigeria vs Algeria: Nigerian man destroys his TV after Nigeria lost to Algeria
- Real reason NFF cannot sack Rohr revealed
- Nigerians in shock as Odion Ighalo confirms his retirement from international football with Nigeria
- AFCON 2019: Pinnick ‘snubs’ Rohr during bronze medal presentation [VIDEO]
- Nigeria vs Tunisia: Rohr to drop Akpeyi, Mikel Obi ruled out