A tragic incident which was quite destructive occurred at Utako area of Abuja, as an aerial mast fell and destroyed cars amongst other properties.
Though no life was lost, however the incident which occurred at about 5am on June 24, 2019, destroyed 4 cars in the building opposite Utako Police Station where it was mounted.
While the police are yet to release the identity of the owner of the mast, the Abuja Development Control who are in-charge of allocating land space for masts initially claimed not knowing the owner of the mast but went on to allegedly deny the owners of the properties the mast destroyed access after they notified the Nigerian communications commission, NCC.
Here are photos of destroyed properties at the scene of the incident below;
- Cult clash: Final year CRUTECH student hacked to death in Cross River
- Quarry Site: Ebonyi, Abia boundary communities in a showdown
- Man baths eight traders with acid in Anambra market
- Police confirm one dead as commercial motorcyclists protest shooting of colleague in Ibadan
- Nigerian inmate, Stephen Paul breaks out of jail in India
- BREAKING:N22b Paris cash: EFCC seizes passports of 34 top ex-Kwara State officials
- EFCC begins manhunt for unqualified graduates undergoing NYSC scheme