Algeria are the new champions of Africa.
The Desert Foxes defeated Senegal 1-0 in the Africa Cup of Nations final on Friday, to lift the trophy, Newzandar reports.
Baghdad Bounedjah scored the winner in the second minute, after his effort was deflected into the net.
The second half saw the Teranga Lions struggle to equalize, but the North Africans held firm to win the title for only the second time in their history.
Algeria had previously won it when they hosted the 1990 edition.
On the other hand, Senegal are yet to triumph in AFCON’s history.
Also Read: 👇🏾
- FIFA bans Samson Siasia for life over match fixing
- Barcelona ready €100m plus Coutinho bid for Neymar as they send delegation to Paris for talks
- I had to walk naked to prove to people I was a girl – Caster Semenya
- I want to make a name for myself at Everton – Iwobi
- Emilioano Sala and pilot had been exposed to toxic levels of carbon monoxide before plane crashed