Nigeria captain, John Obi Mikel would miss the remainder of the country’s campaign at the on-going 2019 Africa Cup of Nations.
Mikel strained his knee in the Super Eagles’ 2-0 loss to Madagascar and was replaced by Alex Iwobi in the 59th minute. After several checks by the medical staff, it has confirmed that he will be out of their Round of 16 clash, and the 32-year-old could miss the rest of the championship.
While coach, Gernot Rohr remained vague as to the extent of the injury, it was understood that the problem is not a severe one, but the German will not risk exacerbating the injury.Therefore, the new Trabzonspor signing may not feature again in Egypt.
This setback will come as a blow to the former Chelsea man, who earlier revealed Egypt 2019 could be his last AFCON.
Also Read: 👇🏾
- FIFA bans Samson Siasia for life over match fixing
- ‘Pogba’s heart isn’t fully in it at Man Utd’ – Ince
- Emilioano Sala and pilot had been exposed to toxic levels of carbon monoxide before plane crashed
- I had to walk naked to prove to people I was a girl – Caster Semenya
- I want to make a name for myself at Everton – Iwobi
- Barcelona ready €100m plus Coutinho bid for Neymar as they send delegation to Paris for talks