Patrick Kluivert has made another return to Barcelona 15-years after he left the Spanish giants as a player, Newzandar reports.
The Dutch legend who was recently sacked as Cameroon assistant manager after a poor AFCON campaign has been confirmed as Barcelona’s new head of La Masia academy.
The 43-year-old signed a two-year deal to be the director of youth football until June 2021.
‘I am very happy to be back home and looking forward to this new era, with the challenge of keeping Barça among the top teams in the world’ he said after putting pen to paper.
‘I grew up at the Ajax academy, which is very similar to La Masía, and I think I can do a lot for the development of young Barca players.’
The former Dutch striker played for Barcelona between 1998-2004 and scored 123 goals in 259 games for the club.
Also Read: 👇🏾
- ‘Pogba’s heart isn’t fully in it at Man Utd’ – Ince
- FIFA bans Samson Siasia for life over match fixing
- I want to make a name for myself at Everton – Iwobi
- Barcelona ready €100m plus Coutinho bid for Neymar as they send delegation to Paris for talks
- I had to walk naked to prove to people I was a girl – Caster Semenya
- Emilioano Sala and pilot had been exposed to toxic levels of carbon monoxide before plane crashed