Head coach of the Super Eagles, Gernot Rohr has admitted that all four teams left in the Africa Cup of Nations, are favourites to win the trophy.
Nigeria take on Algeria in the second semi-final on Sunday, for a place in the final next Friday.
Rohr’s men are widely perceived to be odds-on favourites having silenced Bafana Bafana, who knocked out hosts Egypt.
The German, however, does not feel his side should be considered the favourites against Djamel Belmadi’s side, who finished as group winners.
“When you beat the favourites, you are also one of the favourites. That was my opinion and it is still my opinion.
“Now we have beaten one of the favourites, but we have to play a team which everybody here believes were the best in the group stage.
“So they are still favourites while we are the second favourites.
“The four teams remaining are the best teams of the tournament Senegal are number one in Africa, Tunisia are number two and we are number three. We are all here and Algeria is playing so well.
“All is open but it’s reflecting that there are two countries from North Africa and two countries from West Africa,” Rohr told reporters on Saturday.
- Nigeria vs Algeria: Joseph Yobo reveals why Super Eagles lost 2-1 to Desert Foxes
- Nigeria vs Algeria: Odemwingie reveals player responsible for Super Eagles’ defeat
- Nigeria vs Algeria: Rohr reveals mistake Super Eagles made, singles out one player
- Real reason NFF cannot sack Rohr revealed
- AFCON 2019: Algeria defeat Senegal to lift trophy
- Nigeria vs Tunisia: Rohr to drop Akpeyi, Mikel Obi ruled out
- Nigeria vs Tunisia: Fans react as Super Eagles finish in third-place at AFCON 2019
- AFCON 2019: Pinnick ‘snubs’ Rohr during bronze medal presentation [VIDEO]
- Nigerians in shock as Odion Ighalo confirms his retirement from international football with Nigeria
- AFCON 2019: Coach sacked after elimination from tournament