British-born Nigerian footballer, Xavier Amaechi has secured a four-year deal to German club, Hamburgfrom Arsenal.
The 18-year-old winger who was born in Bath, United Kingdom passed a medical on Saturday and became the German club’s 11th summer signing.
According to the transfer deal, Hamburg will pay a fee of around £2.25million for him, while Arsenal have a sell-on clause but no buy-back option.
Amaechi, an England youth international, told Hamburg’s official website: ‘The conditions here really are perfect.
‘I’m really impressed by the team, the fans and the stadium. I think it’s a big chance for me to play for this club.’
On Twitter, he added: ‘Ready to take the next step in my career to achieve my goals, and I am very grateful for this opportunity. Looking forward to the upcoming season.’
Amaechi, who turned down offers from the likes of Barcelona, Bayern Munich, and Inter Milan has been handed the No 17 shirt by the German second-tier side.
Also Read: 👇🏾
- I want to make a name for myself at Everton – Iwobi
- ‘Pogba’s heart isn’t fully in it at Man Utd’ – Ince
- I had to walk naked to prove to people I was a girl – Caster Semenya
- Barcelona ready €100m plus Coutinho bid for Neymar as they send delegation to Paris for talks
- FIFA bans Samson Siasia for life over match fixing
- Emilioano Sala and pilot had been exposed to toxic levels of carbon monoxide before plane crashed