Professor Yakubu Mahmood, Chairman of the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, has explained why the results of last general elections could not be transmitted electronically.
This is contrary to the claim by the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, and its 2019 presidential candidate, Atiku Abubakar, that the results of the last elections were transmitted to a purported central sever belonging to INEC.
At the resumption of the proceedings of the PEPT on Tuesday morning, President Muhammadu Buhari’s lawyer, Alex Izinyon SAN played a video where INEC Chairman said his commission could not transmit results electronically, because of inadequate communication facilities/coverage in the country and the challenge of cyber security.
The lawyer also submitted a digital video disc (DVD) which contained the interview Yakubu granted to a private television station, in which he gave details of the challenges of transmitting results electronically.
The tribunal has admitted the DVD as Exhibit P85, while the certificate of compliance tendered with it, was admitted as Exhibit P86.
Also Read: 👇🏾
- Our Priority Investments In Infrastructure Paying Off – Buhari
- Ebonyi Governor Umahi Proscribes IPOB Activities In Ebonyi
- Atiku’s Lawyer, One Other Arraign by EFCC
- Abuja base lawyer seeks court order to block Buhari from swearing-in ministers
- We only enjoy 24hrs power supply when you return home – Daura leaders tells Buhari
- Abia North : Ohuabunwa debunks kalu’s claims over FG’s erosion intervention
- Abia Speaker Condoles with Ekeke over Death of Wife, Two Children