Arsenal have confirmed the signing of teenage defender Jason Sraha from Premier League rivals.
Sraha was among the 12 first-year scholars unveiled by the Gunners on Monday.
“Jason recently joined us from Chelsea. He is a left-footed centre back with a calm and composed attitude in and out of possession,” the club said in a statement on their official website.
In the 2019/2020 season, Sraha will be hoping to make his debut in the U18 Premier League, after failing to do so during his time at Chelsea.
All players in their U17 year are required to start the season on a scholarship arrangement, before they are permitted to sign a first professional football contract on or after their 17th birthday.
- Nigeria vs Tunisia: Rohr to drop Akpeyi, Mikel Obi ruled out
- Nigerians in shock as Odion Ighalo confirms his retirement from international football with Nigeria
- Transfer: James Rodriguez’s new club finally confirmed
- Nigeria vs Algeria: Rohr reveals mistake Super Eagles made, singles out one player
- BREAKING: De Ligt arrives in Turin to complete Juventus move [VIDEO]
- Nigeria vs Algeria: Odemwingie reveals player responsible for Super Eagles’ defeat
- AFCON 2019: Odion Ighalo wins 2019 AFCON Golden Boot, See list of scorers
- AFCON 2019: Another head coach sacked after country’s elimination from tournament
- Real reason NFF cannot sack Rohr revealed
- Nigeria vs Tunisia: Fans react as Super Eagles finish in third-place at AFCON 2019