Gareth Bale’s representatives are in talks with Chinese side, Jiangsu Suning, about a deal which could see him earn £1million a week, Newzandar reports.
Negotiations are believed to be progressing, but Jiangsu Suning are increasingly confident they can convince Bale to join them.
The 30-year-old has been told he can leave Real Madrid, even though he has three years left on his £600,000-a-week contract.
However, any deal will have to be concluded by Wednesday, as that is when the Chinese window closes.
Another hurdle is that all Chinese clubs have to pay 100% transfer tax on foreign signings, meaning Jiangsu Suning will effectively have to pay double to secure Bale’s services.
All proceeds from this transfer tax then go towards youth development in the country.
Also Read: 👇🏾
- Barcelona ready €100m plus Coutinho bid for Neymar as they send delegation to Paris for talks
- ‘Pogba’s heart isn’t fully in it at Man Utd’ – Ince
- I want to make a name for myself at Everton – Iwobi
- FIFA bans Samson Siasia for life over match fixing
- Emilioano Sala and pilot had been exposed to toxic levels of carbon monoxide before plane crashed
- I had to walk naked to prove to people I was a girl – Caster Semenya