Super Eagles captain, John Obi Mikel, has joined Turkish Super Lig club Trabzonspor.
Mikel Obi has been without a club, since he left Championship club Middlesbrough at the end of the 2018/2019 season.
“A two-year and an additional year agreement was signed with the free captain of the Nigerian national team, John Obi Mikel, to transfer to our club,” Trabzonspor announced in a terse statement.
The former Chelsea midfielder has agreed a two-year deal, that will keep him at the Medical Park Arena until 2021, with an option for a further year.
He now joins compatriots Ogenyi Onazi and Anthony Nwakaeme in Unal Karaman’s squad.
Trabzonspor are in contention for Europa League football next season, after their fourth-place finish in the Turkish Super Lig in the 2018/2019 campaign.
Also Read: 👇🏾
- I want to make a name for myself at Everton – Iwobi
- Barcelona ready €100m plus Coutinho bid for Neymar as they send delegation to Paris for talks
- Emilioano Sala and pilot had been exposed to toxic levels of carbon monoxide before plane crashed
- I had to walk naked to prove to people I was a girl – Caster Semenya
- ‘Pogba’s heart isn’t fully in it at Man Utd’ – Ince