Lille president, Gerard Lopez, has confirmed that Liverpool have held discussions to sign Nicolas Pepe this summer.
The 24-year-old had an impressive 2018/2019 campaign, scoring 23 goals in all competitions, as the Ligue 1 outfit secured Champions League qualification.
Pepe has been linked with a move to Liverpool, Manchester United and Bayern Munich, with Lille slapping a £70million price tag on him.
But it seems the Champions League winners have jumped into the front of the queue.
“I know there have been discussions with the player, not with us as a club.
“Liverpool have players in those positions and I read that maybe there were players who could leave, or not.
“I am not particularly focused on Liverpool. But it is true that there have been discussions with agents,” Lopez told RMC Sport.
Also Read: 👇🏾
- Barcelona ready €100m plus Coutinho bid for Neymar as they send delegation to Paris for talks
- I want to make a name for myself at Everton – Iwobi
- ‘Pogba’s heart isn’t fully in it at Man Utd’ – Ince
- Emilioano Sala and pilot had been exposed to toxic levels of carbon monoxide before plane crashed
- I had to walk naked to prove to people I was a girl – Caster Semenya