Paris Saint-Germain midfielder, Marco Verratti has urged the club not to stop fellow teammate, Neymar, from leaving Thomas Tuchel’s side this summer.
Newzandar had reported that Neymar has been consistently linked with a return to Barcelona since joining PSG in 2017 for a world-record deal of £222 million.
The 27-year-old had already revealed his intention to leave PSG for Barcelona in this summer’s transfer window.
Verratti has now advised PSG not to keep Neymar who wants to leave, adding that a player should be able to leave if he so desires.
The Italy international, however, wants the Brazilian to remain at Parc des Princes this summer.
Speaking on Neymar, Verratti told RMC Sport: “When a player really wants to leave, the club must let him go, according to the conditions set by the club, of course.
“But you must not keep a player who wants to leave. Of course, I would be disappointed to see him go.
“I never heard him say that he wanted to leave after I don’t know what he told the club. But personally, of course, I prefer to see him stay.”
Also Read: 👇🏾
- ‘Pogba’s heart isn’t fully in it at Man Utd’ – Ince
- Barcelona ready €100m plus Coutinho bid for Neymar as they send delegation to Paris for talks
- I want to make a name for myself at Everton – Iwobi
- FIFA bans Samson Siasia for life over match fixing
- Emilioano Sala and pilot had been exposed to toxic levels of carbon monoxide before plane crashed
- I had to walk naked to prove to people I was a girl – Caster Semenya