Justice Taiwo Taiwo of the Federal High Court sitting in Abuja has granted EFCC’s request to freeze the FCMB Operational Account number: 0998552074 of the Bauchi State government
The judge, which adjourned the matter till September 3rd, urged the commission to put the party concerned on notice of the order within 21 days. The anti-graft agency told the court that a crack team it constituted from its Gombe Zonal office, headed by a chief investigator, Mohammed Abdullahi, has already commenced investigation on the account.
It told the court that it had between May 24 and May 28, received an intelligence that the past administration in Bauchi State, overdrew the account to launder about N20billion that accrued to the state from the federation account.
EFCC, through its lawyer, Abubakar Aliyu, said a current balance of N11.5billion, was directly paid into the Bauchi State FCMB account from the Central Bank of Nigeria, CBN, by the federal government. It alleged that the money laundering initiated by the past administration in the state, has been adopted by the current government of Senator Bala Mohammed.
Also Read: 👇🏾
- Osun State declares public holiday for traditional worshippers
- Reno Omokri shares video of himself dancing as he mocks Wole Soyinka
- Nigeria’s population explosion is frightening – Buhari
- Boko Haram burns down 73 houses in Borno
- Kenyan Bishop snatches man’s wife after presiding over their wedding
- Igbo community in Germany calls IPOB a humiliation of the Igbo race in a foreign land as it apologises to Ekweremadu