Gunmen on Monday August 5, hijacked N9.5 million reportedly meant for the overhead expenses of the Head of Service in Niger State from its Chief Accountant Alhaji Idris Abdullahi.
The Chief Accountant was said to be at the State Secretariat’s gate when the gunmen started shooting sporadically, and removed the money from the vehicle before speeding off. Eyewitnesses said the security and vigilantes at the secretariat allegedly ran for their lives after the gunmen struck at about 10:30am this morning.
The state’s police spokesperson Abubakar Muhammad, confirmed the incident and also disclosed that the police is on the trail of the gunmen.
“We have dispatched the information to all our units in the command to be on alert . We are on top of the situation.
“There is a kind of vulnerability in moving such large amount of money about. We are advising members of the public and government officials to desist from moving large amounts of money particularly during this period.
“We are encouraging them to use the electronic banking options in doing this. We should not make ourselves vulnerable by moving such large amount of money” he said.
Also Read: 👇🏾
- Osun State declares public holiday for traditional worshippers
- Boko Haram burns down 73 houses in Borno
- Kenyan Bishop snatches man’s wife after presiding over their wedding
- Toyin Lawani exposes DMs old men sent to her 14-year-old daughter as she calls them out for being pedophiles
- Igbo community in Germany calls IPOB a humiliation of the Igbo race in a foreign land as it apologises to Ekweremadu
- Reno Omokri shares video of himself dancing as he mocks Wole Soyinka