The President of Guinea, Prof. Alpha Conde was on Saturday received by President Muhammadu Buhari and members of Daura community in Katsina State.
Conde was in Daura for the Eid-el-Kabir celebrations.
The visiting President will attend the Eid prayers with President Buhari on Sunday and be treated to the traditional Durbar display at the palace of the Emir of Daura, Dr. Faruk Umar Faruk.
According to Garba Shehu, senior special assistant to President Muhammadu Buhari on Media and Publicity, President Conde will also be conferred with a traditional title by the Daura Emirate.
The Guinean President, who was earlier received by the Governor of Katsina State, Aminu Bello Masari at the Umaru Musa Yar’Adua, was greeted by excited, young members of Daura community and colourful horse riders at the helipad close to Buhari’s country home.
“The visit will provide an opportunity to reinforce strong relationship between the two leaders and both nations, and for them to engage in discussions on bilateral and global matters.
“It will also provide an opportunity for the visiting President to share in the rich history of Daura, which is the linchpin of Hausa society, ethnically,” Shehu said.
Also Read: 👇🏾
- Igbo community in Germany calls IPOB a humiliation of the Igbo race in a foreign land as it apologises to Ekweremadu
- Osun State declares public holiday for traditional worshippers
- Boko Haram burns down 73 houses in Borno
- Nigeria’s population explosion is frightening – Buhari
- Reno Omokri shares video of himself dancing as he mocks Wole Soyinka
- Kenyan Bishop snatches man’s wife after presiding over their wedding
- Toyin Lawani exposes DMs old men sent to her 14-year-old daughter as she calls them out for being pedophiles