LAGOS – Thirty former governorship candidates in Lagos State in the 2019 elections on Monday commended the leadership style of Governor Babajide Olusola Sanwo-Olu since he took over the reins of governance.
The former candidates, who operate under the auspices of the Forum of Governorship Candidates in Lagos State (FOGCILS), in a statement after their meeting in Lagos, lauded Sanwo-Olu for the innovations he brought to bear in the state, especially in the advancement of education.
The former opponents of Sanwo-Olu, who withdrew for him at the peak of the campaigns on March6, 2019, it would be recalled, joined force s on the side of the All Progressives Congress (APC) candidate and enjoined their supporters to vote for him, thereby giving him easy ride to power.
Hon. Akinola Obadia, the group’s coordinator, in a statement made available to Daily Independent on Monday, said the group met to review the actions of the governor so far and to forge a way forward.
He said: “We also praised him for his innovations in the advancement of education in the state, his improvement in the health sector, waste management, tourism and culture, sports development. We also praised him for his efforts in the transportation sector.
“We specifically commended him for the commencement of the 4th Mainland Bridge, near completion of the BRT corridor from Oshodi to Abule Egba, the Agege flyover, etc, and his quest to continue to improve on the infrastructural development of Lagos State.”
Obadia disclosed that the Forum of Governorship Candidates in Lagos State (FOGCILS) had proposed to have a meeting with and pay a courtesy visit on the governor in the first quarter of this year, 2020.\
He stated that the FOGCILS members had resolved to continue to support and defend the Sanwo-Olu administration, even as they pledged to give their advice and ideas to the governor as the need arises.
Most recently posted
- Kobe Bryant tragedy leaves Los Angeles in limbo: ‘Still numb’
- RJ Barrett honors Kobe Bryant by ditching ‘Maple Mamba’ nickname
- Bernie Sanders imitator needed for feature-length film about politician
- TAJBank opens National Assembly branch
- The feds can’t save New York from the insane ‘no-bail’ law
- Kobe Bryant’s helicopter dropped at 2,000 feet per minute in ‘high-energy’ crash
- Ex-Navy SEAL Eddie Gallagher blasts teammates who testified against him
- EPL: Man United Chief Executive Ed Woodward’s Home Attacked By Fans (Video)
- Trump plan for an Israel-Palestinian settlement is most realistic in decades
- The Biden family’s Ukraine games cried out for investigation
- Go on a tear-jerker road trip with ‘Uncle Frank’
- When it comes to family life, Hollywood should preach what it practices
- Shaq in tears while remembering Kobe Bryant on TNT: ‘Lost a little brother’
- White House impeachment lawyer to Dems: Let’s go to the videotape!
- ‘Nigeria Would Have Been 100 Times Worse If God Hadn’t Installed Buhari’ – Popular Apostle
- Lev Parnas asks judge to let him attend impeachment trial courtesy of Chuck Schumer
- Lagos-Ibadan Expressway: More buildings for demolition over interchange, flyovers
- Prince Andrew ignored pleas for help with probe from Jeffrey Epstein accuser, Gloria Allred says
- NDDC: Buhari u-turns, says new board ready after probe
- New York judges’ discretion on bail was never the problem