The ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) has said it will welcome members of the party who dumped it before the 2019 elections for the main opposition Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).
Concise News understands that the APC said it would, however, accept them back to the party if they are ready to buy into the plans of the party.
In 2018, prominent member of the APC like a former Senate President Bukola Saraki; Dino Melaye; governor of Sokoto State, Aminu Tambuwal; governor of Benue State, Samuel Ortom; a former Speaker of the House of Representatives Yakubu Dogara and, a former governor of old Anambra State, Jim Nwobodo among others, left the party for the PDP.
According to a member of the APC National Working Committee (NWC), following the loss of the PDP in the 2019 presidential election, some of the politicians want to return to the ruling party.
The NWC member who craved anonymity did not also mention the names of those ready to return to the APC but told Daily Independent that “Nigerians will see for themselves in the coming days.
“Some of these bigwigs who left the APC for PDP are already negotiating to find their ways back into our party. This may be due to a number of factors but primarily it may be connected to the dismal performance of their party in last year’s general elections and recently the Kogi and Bayelsa polls.”
On if it has nothing to do with threats by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), he said, “That is not true. It may be because of just wanting to belong to the mainstream political party. No reasonable politician will desire to stay in a party that is out of power except you are very principled.
“Also, it may be due to appointments or other political patronages. But I don’t think it has to do with EFCC or corruption cases because they have seen from the case of Orji Uzor Kalu, former Abia State governor, that President Muhammadu Buhari has zero-tolerance for corruption and if you are indicted and found guilty, no amount of APC membership can save you from going to jail.”
Have a story to tell, or images to share on interesting Nigeria news? Send them to Concise News via Whatsapp (0906 928 2577)
Most recently posted
- Lagos-Ibadan Expressway: FG Pledges Speedy Completion, Compensation Payments
- Russell Simmons posts yoga pics while Sundance doc starring accuser gains steam
- Washington Post reinstates Felicia Sonmez after Kobe Bryant rape case tweet
- Offa Robbery: Prosecution Witness No-show Stalls Hearing
- Debra Messing will only loan her jewelry out to her son’s (theoretical) fiancée
- Nollywood: Why I went shirtless to beg for help — Ernest Asuzu
- Australian scientists first to grow coronavirus in a lab outside China
- Weed company issues mea culpa for bogarting Alicia Key’s Grammys number
- Feds move to stop US telecom companies from carrying foreign robocalls
- Is his drinking the reason I’m not pregnant?
- US health officials directing $105 million to fight coronavirus outbreak
- St. John’s Big East struggles continue against No. 8 Villanova
- Taylor Swift’s canceled Grammys performance tied to Scooter Braun feud
- New York state’s watchdogs are far worse than useless
- Union Bank to sell UK subsidiary
- Kobe Bryant tragedy leaves Los Angeles in limbo: ‘Still numb’
- RJ Barrett honors Kobe Bryant by ditching ‘Maple Mamba’ nickname
- Bernie Sanders imitator needed for feature-length film about politician
- TAJBank opens National Assembly branch
- The feds can’t save New York from the insane ‘no-bail’ law