Carlos Cuellar has suggested that Pepe Reina is an ‘amazing signing’ for Aston Villa.
Reina joined Villa on loan until the end of the season yesterday, with Dean Smith’s side looking for a replacement for the injured Tom Heaton.
Heaton will miss the rest of the campaign with injury, and Smith has turned to experience to replace the england international.
Reina, who is now 37, has previously impressed in the Premier League with Liverpool.
And former Villa defender Cuellar feels that the claret and blues have made a superb addition by bringing in Reina.
Gran fichaje para mis villanos tras la lesión de Heaton. Aportará experiencia, seguridad y será de gran ayuda para conseguir la salvación. Amazing signing after Heaton’s injury. He’ll contribute with experience, security and will be of great help to avoid relegation. Suerte Pepe! https://t.co/vNTxoitT5W— Carlos Cuellar (@Cuellar24) January 13, 2020
Reina could go straight into Villa’s starting line-up upon arrival, as there are some question marks over Orjan Nyland, who has started in goal for the claret and blues recently.
Nyland came in and immediately impressed following Heaton’s injury, but he struggled against Manchester City as Villa lost 3-1 at the weekend.
Villa are next in action on Saturday, when they take on Brighton & Hove Albion.
Most recently posted
- Australian scientists first to grow coronavirus in a lab outside China
- Weed company issues mea culpa for bogarting Alicia Key’s Grammys number
- Feds move to stop US telecom companies from carrying foreign robocalls
- Is his drinking the reason I’m not pregnant?
- US health officials directing $105 million to fight coronavirus outbreak
- St. John’s Big East struggles continue against No. 8 Villanova
- Union Bank to sell UK subsidiary
- Kobe Bryant tragedy leaves Los Angeles in limbo: ‘Still numb’
- RJ Barrett honors Kobe Bryant by ditching ‘Maple Mamba’ nickname
- Bernie Sanders imitator needed for feature-length film about politician
- TAJBank opens National Assembly branch
- The feds can’t save New York from the insane ‘no-bail’ law
- Kobe Bryant’s helicopter dropped at 2,000 feet per minute in ‘high-energy’ crash
- Ex-Navy SEAL Eddie Gallagher blasts teammates who testified against him
- EPL: Man United Chief Executive Ed Woodward’s Home Attacked By Fans (Video)
- Trump plan for an Israel-Palestinian settlement is most realistic in decades
- The Biden family’s Ukraine games cried out for investigation
- Go on a tear-jerker road trip with ‘Uncle Frank’
- When it comes to family life, Hollywood should preach what it practices
- Shaq in tears while remembering Kobe Bryant on TNT: ‘Lost a little brother’