A Ugandan Imam has been suspended for getting married to a fellow man, the Daily Monitor reports.
Sheikh Mohammed Mutumba of Kyampisi Masjid Noor mosque in Kayunga District tied the knot with his ‘wife’ Ms. Swabullah Nabukeera two weeks ago after they met in the same mosque.
The couple made sure not to have sex before marriage as well.
Two weeks after their marriage, they still had no sex because the “bride” cited menstrual pains, forcing Mutumba to endure a little longer.
Luck ran out on Nabukeera after Mutumba’s neighbor claimed that his newlywed scaled a wall and stole their television set and clothes.
Mutumba and Nabukeera cohabited in a two-room apartment house. The wall separating the two rental rooms doesn’t reach the iron roof, Daily Monitor illustrates.
The neighbor reported the case at the Kayunga Police Station and detectives were dispatched to arrest Ms. Nabukeera.
“It was when he was being searched by a female officer that we discovered that the suspect had stacked clothes in the bra to hoodwink that they were breasts. On further search, we discovered that the suspect had male genitals,” said Mugera.
During interrogation, Nabukeera revealed that his real name is Richard Tumushabe and that he disguised to marry Mutumba in order to make away with his money.
He was charged with impersonation, theft and obtaining goods by false pretense.
Nauru Nabukeera, Tumushabe’s alleged aunt, was also arrested and admitted that Mutumba had paid the traditional dowry which included two goats, two bags of sugar, a carton of salt and a Koran
She claimed that she did not know her ‘niece’ was male as she got to know him when he was already an adult.
Most recently posted
- The Biden family’s Ukraine games cried out for investigation
- Go on a tear-jerker road trip with ‘Uncle Frank’
- When it comes to family life, Hollywood should preach what it practices
- Shaq in tears while remembering Kobe Bryant on TNT: ‘Lost a little brother’
- White House impeachment lawyer to Dems: Let’s go to the videotape!
- ‘Nigeria Would Have Been 100 Times Worse If God Hadn’t Installed Buhari’ – Popular Apostle
- Lev Parnas asks judge to let him attend impeachment trial courtesy of Chuck Schumer
- Lagos-Ibadan Expressway: More buildings for demolition over interchange, flyovers
- Prince Andrew ignored pleas for help with probe from Jeffrey Epstein accuser, Gloria Allred says
- NDDC: Buhari u-turns, says new board ready after probe
- New York judges’ discretion on bail was never the problem
- NYPD union sues to undo voter-approved police oversight
- Suspect arrested in grisly killing of Brooklyn philanthropist
- These are the Yankees under heaviest scrutiny in 2020
- SUNY, CUNY coaches and doctors top state pay list
- Group kicks against planned inclusion of Lagos in proposed amendment of NDDC Act
- NUPENG urges Chevron to pay pending benefits, as recalled members resume
- Convocation of sovereign national confab before the 2023 general elections (3)
- Bernie Sanders’ profitable public service and other commentary
- The latest bogus dating term ‘whelmed’ has us crying fatigue