Leicester City are missing the services of Wilfred Ndidi, according to former Nigerian international and Atlanta 1996 Olympic gold medalist Joseph Dosu.
Concise News reports that Ndidi had a knee injury last week and will be out of action for about four weeks with the Foxes losing 2-1 against Southampton in a Premier League tie, Saturday.
Although the player has successfully undergone surgery and recuperating, Dosu believes Leicester City will find it hard without the former U-17 World Cup winner.
“There is no doubt that Wilfred Ndidi was greatly missed in the heart of the midfield by Leicester City against Southampton,” Dosu told Soccernet.
“The Foxes midfield gave the Southampton players much room to operate without making any compact tackles. They missed Ndidi’s timely tackles and ability to run with the ball to set up his teammates into goal-scoring positions.
“Having said that, I am not taking anything away from Southampton as they played like a wounded lion and deservedly got the maximum point.”
Ndidi,23, has featured in 20 Premier League ties this season and also has two goals to his credit before his most recent injury.
Have a story to tell, or images to share on interesting Nigeria news? Send them to Concise News via Whatsapp (0906 928 2577)
Most recently posted
- Kobe Bryant tragedy leaves Los Angeles in limbo: ‘Still numb’
- RJ Barrett honors Kobe Bryant by ditching ‘Maple Mamba’ nickname
- Bernie Sanders imitator needed for feature-length film about politician
- TAJBank opens National Assembly branch
- The feds can’t save New York from the insane ‘no-bail’ law
- Kobe Bryant’s helicopter dropped at 2,000 feet per minute in ‘high-energy’ crash
- Ex-Navy SEAL Eddie Gallagher blasts teammates who testified against him
- EPL: Man United Chief Executive Ed Woodward’s Home Attacked By Fans (Video)
- Trump plan for an Israel-Palestinian settlement is most realistic in decades
- The Biden family’s Ukraine games cried out for investigation
- Go on a tear-jerker road trip with ‘Uncle Frank’
- When it comes to family life, Hollywood should preach what it practices
- Shaq in tears while remembering Kobe Bryant on TNT: ‘Lost a little brother’
- White House impeachment lawyer to Dems: Let’s go to the videotape!
- ‘Nigeria Would Have Been 100 Times Worse If God Hadn’t Installed Buhari’ – Popular Apostle
- Lev Parnas asks judge to let him attend impeachment trial courtesy of Chuck Schumer
- Lagos-Ibadan Expressway: More buildings for demolition over interchange, flyovers
- Prince Andrew ignored pleas for help with probe from Jeffrey Epstein accuser, Gloria Allred says
- NDDC: Buhari u-turns, says new board ready after probe
- New York judges’ discretion on bail was never the problem