Jurgen Klopp is hopeful Fabinho, Joel Matip and Dejan Lovren will all be used in training this week to help Liverpool prepare for Manchester United.
The Reds host Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s men on Sunday, January 19, giving them a full week to recover after their 1-0 win over Tottenham Hotspur on Saturday.
Matip was brought back into the fold last week having not featured for more than two months, Fabinho has been absent for the Reds since pulling out of the 1-1 draw with Napoli on November 27 with an ankle problem but is expected to return to training imminently while Lovren could also come back into the setup after not being seen since December.
And Klopp is hopeful he will be able to use all three players as he helps Liverpool get ready to face one of their oldest rivals and the only team to take points off them in the Premier League this season.
“I wait really until they are on the pitch and somebody tells me they are allowed to do the full session,” the manager told the club’s official website.
“It looks like Joel will be in, it looks like Fabinho will be in maybe a day later, I’m not sure. Dejan, maybe he can be in as well.
“That means a lot and helps massively of course. But we will see how it looks. The week is very important.
“The game on Sunday against United, we all know what people expect from us from that game. It will be a big one as well and we try to be ready for that.”
Most recently posted
- Lagos-Ibadan Expressway: FG Pledges Speedy Completion, Compensation Payments
- Russell Simmons posts yoga pics while Sundance doc starring accuser gains steam
- Washington Post reinstates Felicia Sonmez after Kobe Bryant rape case tweet
- Offa Robbery: Prosecution Witness No-show Stalls Hearing
- Debra Messing will only loan her jewelry out to her son’s (theoretical) fiancée
- Nollywood: Why I went shirtless to beg for help — Ernest Asuzu
- Australian scientists first to grow coronavirus in a lab outside China
- Weed company issues mea culpa for bogarting Alicia Key’s Grammys number
- Feds move to stop US telecom companies from carrying foreign robocalls
- Is his drinking the reason I’m not pregnant?
- US health officials directing $105 million to fight coronavirus outbreak
- St. John’s Big East struggles continue against No. 8 Villanova
- Taylor Swift’s canceled Grammys performance tied to Scooter Braun feud
- New York state’s watchdogs are far worse than useless
- Union Bank to sell UK subsidiary
- Kobe Bryant tragedy leaves Los Angeles in limbo: ‘Still numb’
- RJ Barrett honors Kobe Bryant by ditching ‘Maple Mamba’ nickname
- Bernie Sanders imitator needed for feature-length film about politician
- TAJBank opens National Assembly branch
- The feds can’t save New York from the insane ‘no-bail’ law