A trafficked Nigerian girl in Lebanon has been released by the Nigerian Diaspora Commission (NDC). Chairman of NDC, Abike Dabiri-Erewa disclosed the development on her Twitter page on Monday night, even as she announced that the trafficker has been arrested.
This is following a video which went viral on social media of Omolola crying out for help after she was taken to Lebanon in the guise of teaching English language. Dabiri said the lady in question is presently with Amb. Goni Modu Zanna Bura, the Nigerian Ambassador in Beirut, Lebanon.
Breaking news. Update on the viral video of trafficked Nigerian girl in Lebanon. She is now happily in the hands of the Nigerian Amb in Beirut , received warmly and happy to be in safe hands. She will be home soon by Gods grace .🙏🏿 https://t.co/xyK0myZ7gF— Abike Dabiri-Erewa (@abikedabiri) January 13, 2020
Most recently posted
- The Biden family’s Ukraine games cried out for investigation
- Go on a tear-jerker road trip with ‘Uncle Frank’
- When it comes to family life, Hollywood should preach what it practices
- Shaq in tears while remembering Kobe Bryant on TNT: ‘Lost a little brother’
- White House impeachment lawyer to Dems: Let’s go to the videotape!
- ‘Nigeria Would Have Been 100 Times Worse If God Hadn’t Installed Buhari’ – Popular Apostle
- Lev Parnas asks judge to let him attend impeachment trial courtesy of Chuck Schumer
- Lagos-Ibadan Expressway: More buildings for demolition over interchange, flyovers
- Prince Andrew ignored pleas for help with probe from Jeffrey Epstein accuser, Gloria Allred says
- NDDC: Buhari u-turns, says new board ready after probe
- New York judges’ discretion on bail was never the problem
- NYPD union sues to undo voter-approved police oversight
- Suspect arrested in grisly killing of Brooklyn philanthropist
- These are the Yankees under heaviest scrutiny in 2020
- SUNY, CUNY coaches and doctors top state pay list
- Group kicks against planned inclusion of Lagos in proposed amendment of NDDC Act
- NUPENG urges Chevron to pay pending benefits, as recalled members resume
- Convocation of sovereign national confab before the 2023 general elections (3)
- Bernie Sanders’ profitable public service and other commentary
- The latest bogus dating term ‘whelmed’ has us crying fatigue