Port Harcourt – Rivers State Ministry of Works and officials of Julius Berger Plc have started the demolition of marked structures to create right of way for the Rebisi Flyover Bridge (Former Garrison) and two others in Port Harcourt.
The officials backed by earth moving equipment carefully brought down the structures; Governor Wike last week met with traders and residents to sensitise them on the necessity of the exercise.
The construction work continued as the bulldozers brought down the structures that the Rivers State Government has paid compensation for.
In an interview, Julius Berger Port Harcourt Flyover Bridges Project Manager, Finn Drosdowski expressed happiness that the demolition exercise was peaceful.
“We are happy with the peaceful demolition of marked structures to create space for the construction of Rebisi Flyover Bridge.
“We thank officials of the Ministry of Works for their support and we know we will achieve our target. We have been working for two months and we have done 12 to 14 percent of the work. At the beginning it is a little slow, but we are on track”, he said.
The Julius Berger official said that the projects will be delivered on schedule.
He said: “I appeal to the people to cooperate with us. For every project, the people suffer at the beginning, but they will enjoy the project at the end
“The three locations where we are constructing Flyover Bridges are places with traffic congestion. After the construction, the issue of traffic congestion would be resolved. I am confident that we will finish the projects on schedule.”
Most recently posted
- Macklowe, Welsh to develop controversial Key Food project in Park Slope
- MTN to invest $1.6bn in Nigerian operations
- Kyrie Irving remains ‘tremendously affected’ by Kobe Bryant loss
- McConnell says GOP lacks votes to block witnesses in Trump impeachment trial
- Aston Villa vs Leicester City: Revitalised Iheanacho Sends Internet Agog
- Kobe Bryant’s pilot also worked for Clippers star Kawhi Leonard
- Kobe Bryant ‘turned on the magic’ in newly revealed high school footage
- Winning Grammy award would have ruined Burna Boy – HR expert
- Lagos-Ibadan Expressway: FG Pledges Speedy Completion, Compensation Payments
- Russell Simmons posts yoga pics while Sundance doc starring accuser gains steam
- Washington Post reinstates Felicia Sonmez after Kobe Bryant rape case tweet
- Offa Robbery: Prosecution Witness No-show Stalls Hearing
- Debra Messing will only loan her jewelry out to her son’s (theoretical) fiancée
- Nollywood: Why I went shirtless to beg for help — Ernest Asuzu
- Australian scientists first to grow coronavirus in a lab outside China
- Weed company issues mea culpa for bogarting Alicia Key’s Grammys number
- Feds move to stop US telecom companies from carrying foreign robocalls
- Is his drinking the reason I’m not pregnant?
- US health officials directing $105 million to fight coronavirus outbreak
- St. John’s Big East struggles continue against No. 8 Villanova