Photo used for illustration purpose.
James Ogunnaike – Abeokuta
The Ogun State Police Command have arrested a 40year-old man, Olanrewaju Bamidele for beating his wife, Adenike Olanrewaju to death.
This was contained in a statement by the Police Public Relations Officer of the Ogun State command, DSP Abimbola Oyeyemi and made available to newsmen in Abeokuta, the Ogun State capital
Oyeyemi said the suspect was arrested following a report lodged at Ofada police post by the victim’s son 15years old Ayomide Olanrewaju who reported that his deceased mother has a misunderstanding with his father which resulted to fight between them.
“Ayomide stated further that his father used a big stick to beat the victim to coma, after which he used a screwdriver to stab her on the head resulting to the death of his mother”, the statement added.
“On the strength of the report, the Officer-in-charge of Ofada Police post, DSP Akinfolahan Oluseye led his men to the scene at Bisodun village via Ofada where the suspect who has been held down by the people of the community was handed over to the police and he was immediately taken to Owode-Egba divisional headquarters where he is currently being interrogated”.
Oyeyemi disclosed that investigation revealed that the suspect is fond of beating his wife from time to time.
“After beating the woman to death; he was about to bury the woman secretly when the deceased children who saw him digging a grave by the side of his house alerted their neighbours who rushed to the scene and held him down before the arrival of the police”.
The police image maker added that the corpse of the victim has been deposited at Olabisi Onabanjo Teaching Hospital mortuary, Sagamu for autopsy, while the screwdriver and the stick which the suspect used to kill the victim have also been recovered.
Meanwhile, the Commissioner of Police, CP Kenneth Ebrimson has ordered the immediate transfer of the suspect to the homicide section of the State criminal investigation and intelligence department for further investigation and prosecution.
- Coronavirus: Stay-at-home Order Not Easy For Single Mothers
- COVID-19 and FAAN: Avoiding a looming disaster
- Wuhan reopens after COVID-19 lockdown
- Girls4Tech: Mastercard addresses tech skills shortage among Nigerian women
- Where are they now? Seven players dubbed ‘the next Zinedine Zidane’
- It Will Be Shocking If Ighalo Turns Down Deal With Man United – Merson
- Enugu COVID-19 Cases UK Returnees
- The five worst tactical mistakes of the Premier League season
- Coronavirus: I Struggled With Breathing – Paulo Dybala
- Coronavirus: Earmark N250 billion for jobless Nigerians – Olusegun Bamgbose tells Buhari
- COVID-19: Cross River Government to seal churches with more than five members
- COVID-19: Enugu govt confirms 2 positive cases
- (BREAKING) COVID-19: 84 persons of interest identified in Oyo as curfew begins
- Lagos lawmaker empowers 500 women in skill acquisition
- Mets’ Steven Matz staying ready for time when baseball returns
- Video, photos as Akure explodes
- COVID-19: NPA Suspends Demurrage Charges
- Every contact leaves a trace: The basis of forensics
- COVID-19: Keep your homes clean, WAPA tells women
- Edo FA hails Obaseki for VAR introduction
- Latest Coronavirus Update For Today, Friday, March 27th, 2020
- Latest Biafra News Online Update Today Friday, March 27th 2020
- COVID-19: President Buhari hails Atiku Abubakar, Dangote, Otedola, Elemelu, others
- Nigerian Newspapers: Top 10 Headlines Friday, March 27th, 2020
- COVID-19: Umahi bans release of corpses, orders arrest of policemen, family members for conducting burial in Ebonyi
- COVID -19: Nnamdi Kanu reveals where Abba Kyari was secretly flown for Coronavirus treatment
- New Yorker singing out window told to ‘Shut the f— up!’
- Woman stabbed to death in NYC hotel lobby
- Nigerians Remind T.B Joshua Of His Prophesy That Coronavirus Will Disappear By March 27
- Davido’s Fiancée, Chioma Tests Positive For Coronavirus
- Coronavirus: Nigerian Ports Authority calls out NCDC over claims of detecting new cases on a vessel in Lagos
- COVID-19: Femi Adesina opens up on Buhari, other happenings in Aso Rock
- [Breaking] COVID-19: Davido’s girlfriend, Chioma, tests positive
- Coronavirus: Time to come together – Muslim Rights
- COVID-19: US Asks Foreign Doctors, Nurses To Reach Out For Work Visas
- Father kills son for beheading his mother in Enugu
- Zamfara Guber tussle: PDP reacts as Gov. Matawalle wins APC in Supreme Court
- The North Face offers 25% off entire purchase for spring sale
- WWE’s Roman Reigns pulls out of WrestleMania 36 due to coronavirus concerns
- Gunmen Kidnap Man After Forcing Wife To Cook Jollof Rice
- Coronavirus: Nine suspected Covid-19 cases in Kano test negative
- Hoda Kotb cries on ‘Today’ show about Drew Brees’ $5M donation to Louisiana
- BREAKING: Coronavirus cases in Nigeria hit 70
- I tested positive for Coronavirus – Ogun ex-Sports Commissioner, Olopade [Video]
- Bob Dylan releases 17-minute song about John F. Kennedy assassination
- 2020 UTME: JAMB Hands Over 180 Candidates To Police
- Teen football player Jaquan Anderson dead from coronavirus in New Orleans
- Fire guts NYSC camp in Rivers
- Covid-19: Despite scourge, Muslim faithful observe jumaat congregational prayers in Kano
- Baby tiger born at zoo in Mexico named ‘Covid’
- Hypo Bleach Slashes Price To Encourage Safer Environment Against Covid-19
- Coronavirus: FCT Minister reveals new measures to control spread of COVID-19
- Comedian Seyi Law and his wife celebrate 9th wedding anniversary
- COVID-19: Nigeria lacks capacity to contain coronavirus on large scale – Pastor Tunde Bakare
- Sanwo-Olu Is 10 Times Better Than You Are – Omokri Writes Buhari
- Lagos confirms pipeline leakage, alerts Nigerians
- Coronavirus: Isolate if you visited our Abuja office this week – Smile Nigeria
- Coronavirus : LUTH makes clarification on ‘turning back” positive patient