Real Madrid have completed the signing of teenage Brazilian prospect Reinier from Flamengo on a six-and-a-half-year deal, the Spanish giants announced on Monday.
According to reports in Spain and in Brazil, Madrid will pay the player’s buyout clause, amounting to around 30 million euros ($33.3m), with 80 per cent going to Flamengo and the remainder to his representatives and his family.
The attacking midfielder — whose contract will run until June 2026 — celebrated his 18th birthday on Sunday.
In a statement, Real said Reinier will team up with Castilla, the club’s second team who play in Spain’s third tier, after competing in South American Olympic qualifying with Brazil’s under-23 team. That tournament is currently taking place in Colombia.
Reinier helped Flamengo win last year’s Brazilian league and Copa Libertadores double and has chosen Real Madrid despite reported interest from Barcelona and other leading European clubs.
— Real Madrid C.F. 🇬🇧🇺🇸 (@realmadriden) January 20, 2020
An unused substitute when Flamengo lost to Liverpool in last month’s Club World Cup final in Qatar, he is just the latest exciting young Brazilian talent to move to the Santiago Bernabeu.
Vinicius Junior followed the same path from Flamengo in 2018, while his fellow 19-year-old forward, Rodrygo, arrived from Santos prior to the start of this season.
Eyewitness? Submit your stories now via social or:
- Chioma Reacts As Davido Plans To Impregnate Her Again (Photo)
- Emmanuel Adebayor Shows Off Exotic Cars, Mansion As He Celebrates 36th Birthday
- APC vs PDP: Barrister Bamgbose predicts outcome of Supreme Court cases
- PDP governors meet in Abuja
- Insecurity: Arewa youths react as Christian group alleges plot by Muslim governors, military, Emirs to wipe out Christianity
- Bayelsa: Tension as Supreme Court moves to reconvene for judgment on Guber election appeal
- Why Supreme Court declined to reverse its judgement in Bayelsa
- USA urges Togo to publish individual polling station’s results
- Drama as Akwa Ibom retired Judge rejects valedictory gift
- PDP raises alarm, accuses APC of plot to frustrate reversal of Imo judgment at Supreme Court
- Hungry python swallows beach towel whole
- Tyson Fury’s father sends message to Deontay Wilder
- PHOTOS: Tambuwal chairs first PDP’s Governors Forum Meeting under his leadership
- Father of four confesses using his Sienna bus for one chance operation
- BBNaija’s Star, BamBam Opens Up On Experience With Pregnancy
Most recently posted
- Porn star gets 10 years prison for trying to hire hitman to kill her ex
- Suspected case of Coronavirus in Lagos tests negative after isolation
- Britney Spears shares video of the moment her foot broke
- Nigerian Newspapers: Top 10 Headlines Today Thursday, February 27th, 2020
- Arsenal’s Bukayo Saka is EPL best young player, says Lacazette
- Catholic Bishops Reveal Why Most Nigerians Live In Fear
- A detainee has right to bail BY Justice Usman Bwala
- Jobseeker narrates how he was lured to Rivers State with a job offer and kidnapped
- Sixers star Joel Embiid exits game with sprained shoulder
- George Clooney ‘surprised and saddened’ by child labor claims against Nespresso
- Enconiums for Justice Bulkachuwa, President of the Court of Appeal on her retirement from the bar
- Teenager ‘Stabs Boyfriend To Death’ In Ogun
- Queens teacher arrested for sexually abusing special needs student
- Supreme Court: SANs back Reps’ call for more justices
- Champions League: Jesus Leads Man City Comeback Win At Real Madrid
- South Carolina prison guard gets 7 years for stabbing inmate with shank
- Trump says US ‘very ready’ for virus, Pence to lead response
- NDDC: Buhari sets up monitoring committee [List of members]
- 2019: US records sixth deadliest year for violence by extremists since 1970
- Police Dismiss SARS Operative Over Death Of Remo Stars Footballer