By Emmanuel Elebeke & Fortune Eromosele
The Federal government has agreed to forge a strategic partnership with the Delta State Government on how to tap from the large gas deposit in the state through the exploration of the newly unveiled Methanol Fuel Technology Policy.
The Minister of Science and Technology, Dr. Ogbonnaya Onu, said this when he received the Executive Governor of Delta state, Dr. Sen. Ifeanyi Okowa in his office on Thursday in Abuja.
The partnership, Dr Onu added, would be a Win-Win arrangement to both the state and the ministry as well as the nation as a whole.
He underscored the need for value addition to the nation’s raw materials, adding that it is when we add value to those raw materials that Nigeria can convert her enormous resources for job and wealth creation.
The Minister said that the implementation of the policy will improve virtually all sectors of the nation’s economy and will also go a long way in solving the problems of the country.
The policy he added, will positively impact transportation, the environment, manufacturing sector etc.
He said the new methanol policy has entered its first phase of implementation and that the six geo-political zones would be sensitized on it.
Earlier in address, the Governor of Delta State, Dr. Ifeanyi Okowa, while commending the minister for his commitment to nation-building described the Methanol Fuel Technology policy as a product of hard work and futuristic thinking on the path of the Ministry.
Dr. Okowa said Delta state has been making efforts on the effective use of natural gas resources, which resulted in the proposed establishment of the Kwale Industrial Park in Delta state.
He said the state will continue to discuss and strategize with the Ministry to ensure Methanol Fuel is effectively used to benefit the country and its citizens.
In his own remarks, the Permanent Secretary of the Ministry, Dr. Bello Umar, said that the implementation of the Methanol Fuel Technology came at the right time and commended the various stakeholders for embracing the policy.
He urged Dr. Okowa to encourage other Niger-Delta governors to embrace the Methanol Fuel Technology policy.
Eyewitness? Submit your stories now via social or:
- About 41 APC chieftains defect to PDP
- Europa League: What Scholes, Rio Ferdinand, Owen Hargreaves said about Odion Ighalo
- Mercy Celebrates Diane With Adorable Birthday Message
- PDP declares position on Imo suit, reveals Bayelsa gov Diri’s next move
- New Emirate Creation: Tofa led Kano elders reconciliation move suffers set back
- EPL: Michael Owen predicts winner of Manchester United vs Everton
- See What Fani-Kayode Said As Deadly Coronavirus Extends To Nigeria
- Champions League: Sergio Ramos gives Real Madrid two options after losing to Man City
- Tacha Reunites With BBNaija Stars; Receives Advice From Ramsey Noah (Video)
- ABIA: Market women protest N18, 000 levy
- ‘I Can’t Tell Whether You Have Sense Or Not’ – Police Officer Replies Man (Video)
- ONDO 2020: Akeredolu, Jegede throws jabs over road construction
- 2023: APC replies Makinde, says it‘ll take more than still-born unity among gangsters to take Lagos
- EDO 2020: Two South-west govs back Obaseki on plots to remove Oshionhole
- Benefits Of Having Two Or More Wives, By Adamu Garba
Most recently posted
- Kylie Jenner sports ex Travis Scott’s new sneakers before anyone else
- Mike Bloomberg says he’s running for president until ‘the bitter end’
- Newcastle Ban Handshakes To Combat Spread Of Coronavirus
- Coronavirus: WHO warns, says situation delicate, disease may reach all countries
- Covid 19 : FAAN, Port Health intensify screening at Lagos Airport
- PDP Blames Buhari For Outbreak Of Coronavirus In Nigeria
- 6-year-old tennis star can’t stop going viral
- Astronomers spot biggest explosion in history of the universe
- Lady Gaga’s best work may be on way after ‘Stupid Love’
- Metropolitan Correctional Center on lockdown amid search for possibly smuggled gun
- NYC jail on lockdown amid search for possibly smuggled gun
- Rob Kardashian loses emergency motion for primary custody of daughter Dream
- Ronnie Ortiz-Magro wins small victory, 2 charges dropped in domestic violence case
- How to battle Coronavirus, Atiku counsels Buhari
- Diamond Princess passenger is reportedly first Brit to die of coronavirus
- Alleged attack on DAILY POST staff: How I was deceived by Onuh – Witness, Alfred Apochi
- Coronavirus: Nigeria Disburses Over N690m To Combat Killer Virus
- Lewandowski, Mertens named in UEFA Champions League team ahead of Messi, Ronaldo
- China’s rover digs beneath the surface on far side of the moon
- PDP Will Shock APC To Win Lagos In 2023, Makinde Says