The Lagos State Rapid Response Squad (RRS) on Wednesday warned pupils against living the street lifestyle called ”The Marlian”.
“Marlians” are die hard supporters of music star, Naira Marley, real name Afeez Fashola.
The Commander, Deputy Commissioner of Police, DCP Olatunji Disu spoke at the “Security Day” Celebration organised by some law enforcement agencies in Lagos on Wednesday.
He said Marlian lifestyle is not what a responsible student should copy.
“The Marlians also change their natural hairs to dreadlocks, smoke illicit substances and live very rough lifestyles and other abnormal attitudes”, NAN quoted Disu as saying.
Disu also advised the pupils not to join ‘Eiye’ and other illegal confraternities and secret cults no matter what they were offering prospective members.
“If you join any secret and illegal cult, you are not sure of coming out alive. Moreover, it will affect the entire family system of its members.
“The cultists also depend heavily on the use of illicit drugs to drive them high. This has contributed to the high rate of crime in the country,” he said.
Disu also advised the pupils not to get carried away by social media distractions.
He further urged them to be Be security wise “and remember your parents need you to take care of them at their old ages”.
- Lagos authenticates SMS on stimulus package for aged
- FEMA sending refrigerated trucks to New York City for COVID-19 bodies
- COVID-19 lockdown: Alakija’s ROSF to give widows, orphans in 36 states, N25,000 each
- Akinlade condemns killing of Ogun female student by Customs officers, asks Abiodun to ‘wake up’
- COVID-19: First Bank donates N1bn, reiterates commitment to safety of Nigerians
- Covid-19: Wike imposes selective curfew in Rivers
- Florida man kills girlfriend, her lover after finding them having sex: police
- Buhari signs COVID-19 Regulations, 2020
- Upper West Side man jumps to his death
- Nigeria earned $32.6bn from oil, gas in 2018 – NEITI
- An inside look at the Central Park field hospital, which will include morgue
- The most ‘frustrating’ part of Yankees, Mets managers’ coronavirus wait
- City district attorneys rip de Blasio over planned release of high-risk inmates
- COVID 19: Kaduna Police arrest 165 for violation of sit at home order
- Coronavirus update: Spain cases slowing down
- Andrew Cuomo’s bid to ram industrial wind, solar plants down locals’ throats
- COVID-19: Ajimobi wishes Makinde quick recovery
- Implementing contactless payment during covid-19
- Celeb ‘Tiger King’ fans fighting over roles in future movie
- NY state prison guards beg Cuomo to protect workers from coronavirus
- COVID-19: Two dead, 45 choir members diagnosed after continuing rehearsal
- LaLiga: Xavi ‘ready’ to manage Barcelona, gives conditions
- #Coronavirus: Provide economic relief for Nigerians, even if it is N50k each- Actor, Yul Edochie tells President Buhari
- EPL: Giroud reveals what Lampard told me him after Chelsea exit collapsed
- Trump: Coronavirus-fighting supplies have landed at JFK
- How coronavirus cripples the New York Mafia
- COVID-19: APC slams Makinde to lockdown Oyo or resign as gov
- Give Nigerians N50,000 Each – Yul Edochie Reacts To Buhari’s Lockdown Of Abuja, Lagos, Ogun
- Nigerian Newspapers: Top 10 Headlines Monday, March 30th, 2020
- Coronavirus: Senate reacts as Buhari locks down Ogun, Lagos, Abuja
- Remote learning is turning out to be a burden for parents
- 11 establishments exempted from total lockdown in Lagos, Abuja, Ogun
- COVID-19: No confirmed case in Plateau – Gov. Lalong
- Phoenix officer killed, two other cops injured in shooting during domestic violence call
- Bauchi governor’s aide tests negative to COVID-19
- Country Music Star Joe Diffie Dies Of Coronavirus
- Ayade recalls C/River garment factory workers for mass production of masks
- BREAKING: COVID-19: Governor Seyi Makinde tests positive for coronavirus
- Custody battle between Meghan King Edmonds and Jim Edmonds rages on despite coronavirus
- Tinubu donates N200m to contain coronavirus