The police in Ogun state, southwest Nigeria, have arrested an 18-year-old girl, Idowu Abosede, for allegedly stabbing her boyfriend, Aliyu Ibrahim, to death.
It was learned that Abosede was nabbed following a distress call received from Seriki Hausa in Sagamu area of the state.
The suspect and her deceased boyfriend were said to be arguing over N3,000 and were dragging a knife before the girl eventually used the knife to stab her boyfriend in the chest.
But there is another account of how Ibrahim was allegedly killed.
The suspect was alleged to be a commercial sex worker who bargained for N3,000 with the deceased for a night.
But trouble started when Ibrahim was said to have refused to pay the suspect, resulting in a quarrel and, then, a fight, during which Abosede allegedly knifed his chest.
During interrogation, she admitted to having spent the night with him, adding that when leaving the next day, she attempted to collect her boyfriend’s N3,000 that was inside his pocket.
“He said he would not give me all the money and we started quarreling. He was the one that brought the knife. While dragging it with him, the knife stabbed him on the chest,” she said.
The Commissioner of Police in the state, Kenneth Ebrimson, has ordered the immediate transfer of the suspect to the homicide section of the state criminal investigation and intelligence department for further investigation and prosecution.
- NYC sees a coronavirus death every 2.9 minutes in horrific six-hour stretch
- Coronavirus shuts down mail service for some Greenwich Village residents
- Presley Gerber steps out with new girlfriend Sydney Brooke
- Experts highlight opportunities for insurance in coronavirus
- Babbel discounts subscriptions up to 50% off language app
- Kaapo Kakko’s stubbornness is blocking potential Rangers greatness
- Udemy discounts courses up to 95% off for flash sale
- COVID-19: Jigawa govt suspends weekly markets
- Software developer for Brooklyn DA’s office arrested after caught waving gun
- Listen to Episode 4 of ‘Amazin But True’: Who Replaces Syndergaard? feat. Jim Breuer
- COVID-19 lockdown: Sanwo-Olu tasks security operatives on friendliness
- Accused meth dealer cuts off ankle monitor after he’s spared jail over coronavirus
- Coronavirus disrupting Blake Martinez’s transition to Giants
- President Buhari signs COVID-19 regulations to enforce lockdown in Lagos, others
- St. Patrick’s Cardinal Dolan now calling parishioners personally
- MyPillow CEO Mike Lindell tells Americans to read Bible at corona briefing
- ‘Torn from the Headlines’ unravels haunting ‘Baby Hope’ mystery
- Roman Reigns addresses pulling out of WWE’s WrestleMania 36
- Lawyers file suit for release of over 530 ‘vulnerable’ prisoners from Brooklyn jail
- Lockdown: Baskets of tomato, pepper flood Oyo markets, no buyers
- COVID-19: Two dead, 45 choir members diagnosed after continuing rehearsal
- LaLiga: Xavi ‘ready’ to manage Barcelona, gives conditions
- #Coronavirus: Provide economic relief for Nigerians, even if it is N50k each- Actor, Yul Edochie tells President Buhari
- EPL: Giroud reveals what Lampard told me him after Chelsea exit collapsed
- How coronavirus cripples the New York Mafia
- COVID-19: APC slams Makinde to lockdown Oyo or resign as gov
- Give Nigerians N50,000 Each – Yul Edochie Reacts To Buhari’s Lockdown Of Abuja, Lagos, Ogun
- Nigerian Newspapers: Top 10 Headlines Monday, March 30th, 2020
- Coronavirus: Senate reacts as Buhari locks down Ogun, Lagos, Abuja
- Remote learning is turning out to be a burden for parents
- Phoenix officer killed, two other cops injured in shooting during domestic violence call
- 11 establishments exempted from total lockdown in Lagos, Abuja, Ogun
- Nigerian Newspaper Headlines Today: 30th March 2020
- COVID-19: No confirmed case in Plateau – Gov. Lalong
- Bauchi governor’s aide tests negative to COVID-19
- Country Music Star Joe Diffie Dies Of Coronavirus
- Coronavirus: Nigeria’s Ooni of Ife reveals herbs that can treat COVID-19
- Ayade recalls C/River garment factory workers for mass production of masks
- BREAKING: COVID-19: Governor Seyi Makinde tests positive for coronavirus
- Latest Coronavirus Update For Today