Good Morning, welcome to Information Nigeria’s Newspaper headlines for today, 26th March 2020.
Here are the major headlines.
Bayelsa state governor Doye Diri has reacted to the reports that say he had contact with the duo of Bauchi state governor, Bala Mohammed and Abba Kyari who have both tested positive for coronavirus.
Femi Adesina, President Muhammadu Buhari’s special adviser on media and publicity, says the presidential villa in Abuja is on a partial lockdown. The presidential aide said this on Wednesday during an interactive session with state house correspondents.
Atiku Abubakar, former vice-president, has donated N50 million as relief fund to support the fight against coronavirus. Atiku made the announcement in a statement personally signed by him on Wednesday.
Hadiza Balarabe, Deputy Governor of Kaduna State says the State Government has banned the operations of motorcycles and tricycles in order to maintain social distancing precaution.
Rivers state governor, Nyeson Wike has announced the total lockdown of the state following move by a coronavirus infected person to sneak into the state.
Governor of Edo State, Godwin Obaseki has reportedly gone into self-isolation as a preventive measure against spreading Coronavirus.
Governor of Ekiti State, Kayode Fayemi has said that he has gone into self-isolation after he came in contact with two persons infected with Coronavirus.
The Speaker of the Edo state House of Assembly, Frank Okiye, has tested positive for Coronavirus.
Governor of Kogi State, Yahaya Bello has ordered closure of all entry points (land and water) into the state in order to prevent Coronavirus from entering into the state.
The Nigerian army on Tuesday lost no fewer than 47 troop members to the deadly Boko Haram sect in Gorogi area of Borno state after they were ambushed by the extremists.
- FDA urged to let women get abortion drugs by mail during coronavirus crisis
- JUST IN: US begins evacuation of citizens from Nigeria over COVID-19 pandemic
- COVID-19: CBN begins provision of medical facilities in 6 geo-political zones
- Trump unveils new five-minute coronavirus test device, N95 mask sterilizer
- At least 8 people dead from coronavirus at NJ nursing home
- Mike Francesa outraged by Knicks fans celebrating James Dolan’s coronavirus
- Bronx coronavirus victim’s body left in home for 24 hours before collected
- COVID-19: EKEDC closes offices
- Montefiore neurosurgeon who separated conjoined twins dies from coronavirus
- Davido should run a coronavirus test again – Nigerians react after Governor Makinde tested positive for the virus
- Today’s coronavirus update: ‘Comfort’ arrives, FDA OKs antimalarial drugs
- Coronavirus: Ajimobi reacts as Oyo Gov Makinde tests positive
- Lagos authenticates SMS on stimulus package for aged
- FEMA sending 85 refrigerated trucks to New York City for COVID-19 bodies
- FEMA sending refrigerated trucks to New York City for COVID-19 bodies
- COVID-19 lockdown: Alakija’s ROSF to give widows, orphans in 36 states, N25,000 each
- Akinlade condemns killing of Ogun female student by Customs officers, asks Abiodun to ‘wake up’
- COVID-19: First Bank donates N1bn, reiterates commitment to safety of Nigerians
- Covid-19: Wike imposes selective curfew in Rivers
- Florida man kills girlfriend, her lover after finding them having sex: police
- COVID-19: Two dead, 45 choir members diagnosed after continuing rehearsal
- LaLiga: Xavi ‘ready’ to manage Barcelona, gives conditions
- #Coronavirus: Provide economic relief for Nigerians, even if it is N50k each- Actor, Yul Edochie tells President Buhari
- EPL: Giroud reveals what Lampard told me him after Chelsea exit collapsed
- Trump: Coronavirus-fighting supplies have landed at JFK
- How coronavirus cripples the New York Mafia
- COVID-19: APC slams Makinde to lockdown Oyo or resign as gov
- Give Nigerians N50,000 Each – Yul Edochie Reacts To Buhari’s Lockdown Of Abuja, Lagos, Ogun
- Nigerian Newspapers: Top 10 Headlines Monday, March 30th, 2020
- Coronavirus: Senate reacts as Buhari locks down Ogun, Lagos, Abuja
- Remote learning is turning out to be a burden for parents
- Phoenix officer killed, two other cops injured in shooting during domestic violence call
- 11 establishments exempted from total lockdown in Lagos, Abuja, Ogun
- Nigerian Newspaper Headlines Today: 30th March 2020
- COVID-19: No confirmed case in Plateau – Gov. Lalong
- Bauchi governor’s aide tests negative to COVID-19
- Country Music Star Joe Diffie Dies Of Coronavirus
- Ayade recalls C/River garment factory workers for mass production of masks
- BREAKING: COVID-19: Governor Seyi Makinde tests positive for coronavirus
- Tinubu donates N200m to contain coronavirus