Welcome to the Concise News roundup of the top 10 Nigerian newspapers headlines for today Thursday, March 26th, 2020.
With reports of Nigerian politicians testing positive for coronavirus, legendary music producer Don Jazzy has asked them to travel abroad for treatments. Don Jazzy, in an Instagram post slammed the leaders for failing to build standard hospitals in the country, but will rather travel out for treatment.
The governor of Kogi state, Yahaya Bello, has fired back at people asking him to go for test to determine his coronavirus status. Bello received several calls including that of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) because he had met the Chief of Staff to the President, Abba Kyari, who is infected with the virus.
Former Vice President Atiku Abubakar has pledged N50 million to a coronavirus relief fund for Nigerians that have contracted the dreaded virus. Atiku made this known in a statement he personally issued on Wednesday.
President Muhammadu Buhari has expressed sadness over the death of the Senator representing Cross River North Senatorial District, Senator Rose Oko. The President noted that her voice of intelligence, as well as her advocacy stance, especially on girl-child education and health, would be sorely missed.
Frank Okiye, the Speaker of the Edo State House of Assembly, has tested positive for coronavirus (COVID-19), the state government announced Wednesday. “The index case of coronavirus in Edo State, is the Speaker of Edo State House of Assembly, Rt. Hon. Frank Okiye. He travelled to United Kingdom, he came back and went into self-isolation. He sent his sample for testing and it came out positive,” Deputy Governor Philip Shaibu told journalists.
Edo State Governor, Godwin Obaseki, has gone into self-isolation after his close contact with the Bauchi State Governor, Bala Muhammed, and Chief of Staff to the President, Abba Kyari, who have both tested positive for coronavirus. In a statement, Special Adviser to the Governor on Media and Communication Strategy, Crusoe Osagie, said the governor had sent his samples for testing.
Controversial media personality Toke Makinwa is of the opinion than men need sex education than women, but much focus is always on women. Makinwa said this in a tweet on Wednesday. According to her, men speak on sex without facing backlashes but women get shaded when reverse is the case and topics on region suddenly come up.
Former BBNaija housemate Tacha Akide has joined the host of celebrities reacting to the dreaded coronavirus, urging people to donate to the needy as a result of the economic situation occasioned by the disease. In a social media post, Tacha, who urged people to obey the government’s directives asking people to stay at home, asked them to eat well, as hunger kills faster than coronavirus.
Bauchi State governor Bala Mohammed who tested positive for coronavirus on Tuesday assured everyone he is in good health. “As you may all know, I just tested to the coronavirus,” Mohammed tweeted, “I have been in self-isolation for the past few day, and I will remain in isolation until I get clearance from my doctors. “I am in good health and showing no symptoms.”
The Youth and Sports Development Minister in Nigeria, Sunday Dare, has commended the International Olympic Committee (IOC) for postponing the Tokyo 2020 Olympics due to the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. According to Dare, “the IOC must be commended for postponing the Olympics in the best interest of the whole world. This is in response to the general calls across the globe to have it moved to a time when the virus would have abated.
That’s the roundup of the top 10 Nigerian newspapers headlines this morning. More Nigerian newspapers headlines are available on Concise News website.
- COVID 19: CNN Anchor, Brooke Baldwin, Tests Positive
- Nigeria Records Two More Deaths From Coronavirus
- ‘Buhari will start real governance after . . .’
- COVID-19: Soldiers threatening to rape, infect Delta women with HIV arrested in Lagos [VIDEO]
- NCDC Confirms 20 New Cases Of Coronavirus
- We are not in tithe league, prosperity gospel camp, fake miracles’ confederation – Islamic group tells Christian
- Heroes and Villains: We are assessing
- Latest Coronavirus Update For Today Saturday, April 4th, 2020
- COVID-19: The Looming Disaster in IDP Camps
- COVID-19: Benue Governor, Ortom, Deputy, others test negative to Coronavirus
- COVID-19: Police warns Muslim leaders in Agege against flouting sit-at-home orders
- Nigerian Army arrest officers who threatened to rape and infect Warri women with HIV
- Sanwo-Olu appoints Olutoyin Zamba, as Acting GM for LASHMA
- Coronavirus: Nigeria May Extend Lockdown As Cases Rise Above 200
- Moment NCDC officials moved corpse of man who died of Coronavirus at LUTH after lying about his travel history (video)
- These Muhammad Ali books are absolute knockouts
- Teachers outraged with de Blasio after city decides to continue learning through spring break
- CNN’s Chris Cuomo says he’s lost 13 pounds in 3 days while battling COVID-19
- Coronavirus gives boxing gyms, trainers a different kind of fight
- American singer, Pink reveals that she tested positive for Coronavirus, slams US government for not making testing available
- COVID-19: How Abba Kyari’s ailment exposed ‘Jubril Al-Sudani’ – Nnamdi Kanu
- Former Minister Reacts To Abba Kyari Death Rumour
- COVID-19: Killing of Warri youth by Soldier is regrettable — Askia
- Bikers swarm streets outside funeral home for procession despite crowd ban
- COVID-19: Buhari’s aide, Ahmad reveals Kyari’s whereabouts, updates on his health
- Some people may not get stimulus checks until August
- ‘The Flash’ actor Logan Williams dies suddenly at age 16
- Nigerian Newspaper Headlines Today: 3rd April 2020
- Ogun announces closure of 12 roads as COVID-19 lockdown begins
- LSU coach Ed Orgeron files for divorce
- Two to die by hanging for killing Uniosun female, as court forfeits shrine to govt
- Latest Benue State News Online Today April 3rd 2020
- COVID-19: Chinese medical team to arrive Nigeria
- Nigerians React As Genevieve Nnaji Joins Tik Tok
- Uzodinma to launch testing centre, 6 isolation centres in Imo for COVID-19
- New world order, Illuminati and the false prophets
- Coronavirus: Atiku’s Son Speaks From Isolation (Video)
- Covid-19 lockdown: Tension as soldier kills 28-yr old man in Delta
- Nigerian doctor dies from Coronavirus in US, to be cremated
- Coronavirus: Indian couple name their newborn twins ‘Corona’ and ‘Covid’ (Photo)