Video of wife of the late former Governor of Oyo state, Abiola Ajimobi blasting Governor Seyi Makinde and his deputy for allegedly treating her husband with disdain in the last one month of his illness has gone viral on social media.
This is coming barely 24 hours after the family of the ex-governor of Oyo state, Ajimobi and the Oyo state government under the leadership of Seyi Makinde traded words over the final resting place of the deceased.
Chief Florence Ajimobi who was visibly angry in the one-minute video denied that she ever contacted the Oyo governor or anybody in government for any kind of support during the illness of her husband which eventually resulted in the demise of the former governor of the state.
The wife of the late ex-governor of Oyo state, Florence Ajimobi also denied the claims of Oyo State Government that the family of the deceased sent a proxy.
Florence Ajimobi made these disclosures while receiving a delegation of governors who were at the Oluyole residence to commiserate with the family and pay their last respects.
The Deputy Governor of Oyo state, Mr. Rauf Olaniyan led the delegation to the Oluyole home of the late ex-governor of the state.
While acknowledging that she was supposed to keep quiet, the wife of late ex-governor of Oyo state said she decided to break her silence since his husband fell ill about a month ago and died last Thursday because of misgivings emanating from the government.
Florence appealed to the state government of Oyo to stop what she described as dirty politics and further disclosed that her late husband was for peace and served the state for eight years making him deserve better treatment even in death.
Wife of the late ex-governor of Oyo state, Ajimobi stressed that “Although I should not be the one speaking but I just want to clear the air on a lot of misgivings that has been spreading.
“On behalf of my late husband, children and the entire Ajimobi’s family, I want to sincerely thank you for all your support at this very crucial point of our lives.
“My husband is not a very difficult man but thank God we are here today. For me, when things like this happen, I want to pick up something. It is a time for everyone of us to reflect on our lives because death is a necessary end. It will come when it will come. We don’t know who is next and we don’t know when our time will come.
Either you are a Christian or a Muslim, both religions teach love and peace and I am glad that the deputy Governor of Oyo State is here because I need to put some records straight. It is the first time I’m going to make any public announcement or statement since my husband actually died.
“I opened the papers a couple of days ago and I saw the Oyo State Government writing a lot of things.
“Your Excellency, the Deputy Governor of Oyo State, for the avoidance of misinformation to the public and damage to the image of my husband because my husband is a peace- loving person. He lived for peace passionately.
“My husband took ill on the 22nd of May and he was hospitalised and I was reading in the papers that the Governor of Oyo State, His Excellency Seyi Makinde, claimed he called me. But he didnt.”
Referring to the Deputy Governor, she said “I don’t have your number and I have never spoken with you on phone. But it’s important we put the records straight because this is a family of politicians and I don’t want anybody to tarnish my husband’s name and well my husband is gone. It could be me or anyone else tomorrow.
According to the video, the deputy governor of Oyo state, Olaniyan tried to react to her statements but he was stopped by the Kano State Governor who is also an in-law to the Ajimobi’s family, Umar Ganduje who waved to him.
Florence continued that “Life in itself is vanity upon vanity. Either you are PDP or APC, the man is dead and he has been buried.
“But the Governor didn’t call me. Even if he had called me and I didn’t pick his calls, I don’t have his number and I have never spoken with him on the phone. He could have sent me a text message for record purposes.
“And then today again, I read in the papers and saw how the Ajimobi’s family was lying about something again
“Mr Deputy, my husband never had anything against the Governor or anyone else. We were in different parties but he was an elder stateman and he slept on the ground.
“The Governor of Oyo State never called me nor sent a condolence message, my husband was hospitalised for one month. What politics are we playing, please?
“Life is short, I’m a Christian and my husband is a Muslim, we all should let the fear of God guide us in whatever we are doing. Ajimobi is gone today. Whatever he does doesn’t matter to me. It doesn’t matter to me as his wife and his widow. I’m going to mourn and respect my husband’s wishes and that was what I did today, laid him to rest peacefully.
“I don’t want any controversy. Everything I read in the papers, I just swallowed them all and let it go. So, please, the press are here, we never had any rift with the Governor with the state government. I never dialogued with them. I never contacted them nor sent them a word because I didn’t know it was necessary for me to send official messages that my husband was hospitalised.
“I didn’t send messages to Governor Fayemi. I didn’t send to Governor Ganduje. I didn’t send to Lagos State Governor, I didn’t send messages to anybody because it was all over the social media and they knew that my husband was ill.
“I think the least anybody can do as a God- fearing person was at least to send me a word of encouragement at that time. And even after he died. Not even you Mr Deputy Governor called. If you had called me as you claimed and I didn’t pick, you could have at least sent me a message Sir.
“I don’t have your number, I am the wife of a politician, I don’t pick numbers that I don’t know Sir. You can send a message. Everybody is going to die. My husband is dead and he served this state for eight good years.
“Are you saying he didn’t contribute anything to this state and you could not honour him for a second? The man is dead and I need to put the record straight. I don’t want anybody, any government to tarnish my husband’s image. He was a peace loving man. And he played his role and he’s gone.”
“Nobody can be on the stage for so long. You come, play your roles and you leave. Somebody else comes. I pray for Governor Seyi Makinde to succeed because that is the only time I would say that my husband succeeded.
“So, please let’s put the record straight. I never had any interactions with Governor Seyi Makinde, he did not contact the family and that is the fact. His deputy Governor is here, he did not even send me a text message and I don’t have your number and I don’t pick calls from numbers that I don’t know. So, please let’s stop dirty politics.”
The quick intervention of Kano Governor Umar Ganduje, who quickly called for prayers for the repose of the soul of the late Governor, put the matter to rest.
WATCH THE VIDEO BELOW:
What will make you commit suicide?
- Never Reveal These 6 Secrets About Your Personal Life To Anybody
- Biafra: Nnamdi Kanu is my Leader, we are not quarreling – Uche Mefor clears air
- Kogi Gov’s Security Aide, Ariyo, Fired By Yahaya Bello
- 10 Things You Should Never Rush In Life, No Matter The Pressure.
- 7 Types of People You Shouldn’t Trust
- 7 Things Your Boyfriend Does That Shows He Is Playing You For A Fool
- Wizkid’s Son, Zion Makes The Ovaries of Women Churn In An All White Burberry Shirt (Photo)
- 10 Ways You’re Unknowingly Disrespecting Your Husband
- Tears, cheers greet rotation of troops in North-East
- 10 Nigerian Celebrities With Many Children From Different ‘Baby Mamas’
- 7 things you should never Apologize for in Life
- Photos Of The US Prison Where Hushpuppi And Woodberry will likely be Detained
- ‘The Johnson’s’ Actress, Susan Pwajok, stuns fans with adorable new photos
- Hot! 5 Celebrities Rihanna has Dated
- Main Reason Why Drake drew Lil Wayne’s Tattoo on his Upper left arm
- 10 Signs Someone is Losing Interest in You
- Top 5 American Rappers who married their High School Sweetheart
- Must Read! 8 Signs they shows a Girl is Lonely
- MAD O! Erigga Reacts As Scammers Try To Scam Him With Promise Of A Job Opportunity
- Like Sister, Like Sister! Meet Bukunmi Oluwasina’s little sister who’s also an Actress
- Akwa Ibom Lifts Ban On Wedding And Burial Ceremonies
- Bobrisky’s boyfriend buys him a brand new car for keeping their relationship secret (Video)
- “Stop Using My Pictures To Sell Fake Items” – Toke Makinwa Warns IG Marketer (Photo)
- Solskjaer Gives Update On Squad Ahead Of BourneMouth Clash
- APC Fires Back At PDP Over Claims Of Plotting To Derail Edo Election
- Hydroxychloroquine helped COVID-19 patients survive better – Study
- Premier League club escapes being scammed of £100m by Hushpuppi
- ‘The Last Kingdom’: The Major Questions That Need to Be Answered in Season 5
- Michael Cohen caught at NYC restaurant — and it could land him back in prison
- Denise Richards & Husband Go Shopping After She Addresses Affair Rumor – Warritatafo
- Hushpuppi Allegedly Conspired To Defraud Premier League Club Of $128 Million
- Colorado cops fired for reenacting Elijah McClain chokehold near memorial
- Manhattan restaurant opens with private greenhouses for distanced dining
- August Alsina: ‘No one was sideswiped by any conversation’ about rumored affair
- Fleetwood Town 1-4 Wycombe Wanderers: Gareth Ainsworth’s side take control of play-off semi-final
- Texas quadriplegic dies of COVID-19 after hospital refuses treatment, family claims
- Hushpuppi’s many sins: Money laundering, scam, frauds, EPL club, others
- Oklahoma State’s Mike Gundy suggested $1 million pay cut after review
- Stream It Or Skip It: ‘Southern Survival’ On Netflix, Where The Folks At BattlBox Test Survival Gear In Extreme Ways
- Man crushed to death by subway during fight on Harlem platform
- ’90 Day Fiancé’: Colt Johnson’s Mom Might Have Met Her Overprotective Match in Jess Caroline’s Dad in ‘Happily Ever After’ Sneak Peek
- De Blasio installs ‘BLM’ mural in Harlem a day after bailing on Trump Tower event
- St. Louis County police seek witnesses in death of rapper Huey
- Remembering Saroj Khan: 5 Amazing Dances Highlighting the Legendary Choreographer’s Bollywood Legacy
- Maren Morris Responds About Her Son Hayes After Being Mom-Shamed – Warritatafo
- Meet 25 years old Jerry Mallo from Jos, Who made a carbon fiber car locally in Nigeria (Photos)
- NYC Council rams through pork-barrel spending amid COVID-19 fiscal crisis
- ‘Hamilton’ Movie Review: American His-Do-Re-Mi
- ‘Star Wars’: Some of Harrison Ford’s Best Moments as Han Solo Happened in the Sequel Trilogy
- Football fans react after Hushpuppi was accused of conspiring to steal Â£100 million from an English Premier League club
- ’90 Day Fiancé’: Karine Staehle Throws Major Shade at Paul Staehle in ‘Happily Ever After’ Sneak Peek
- Celtics’ Gordon Hayward would leave NBA bubble for child’s birth
- Chelsea vs Watford: Lampard names players to miss Premier League clash
- John Krasinski secretly wore a wig on Season 3 of ‘The Office’
- That time Alexander Hamilton founded America’s oldest daily newspaper