Kudos to City Councilmen Kalman Yeger, Robert Holden, Mark Gjonaj and 10 others for sticking up for city homeowners and property owners in the council debate on reducing interest for landlords delinquent in their property-tax payments.
City Hall wants to charge landlords usurious penalties (up to 18 percent) for late payments. Team de Blasio even texted council members during the debate on Yeger’s amendment, urging them to resist.
“This Kalman floor amendment is crazy,” read one text obtained by The Post. “It will bankrupt the city and we will have no money for services.”
Councilman Peter Yoo charged that City Hall seems to see property owners as a cash cow.
“Building owners want to meet their obligation of paying property taxes, but they just need more time,” said the Rent Stabilization Association’s Frank Ricci.
Why single out property owners for pain, when the city is easing up on everyone else who has been hit hard by the pandemic and lockdown?
With tenants given a rent moratorium, how are landlords to find cash for taxes?
“The fairest big city in America” wants to slam its largest providers of affordable housing simply because they’re landlords.
Yes, the economic shutdown is starving the city’s coffers — but that’s no reason to savage just one class of taxpayer. Find a better way, Mr. Mayor.
Source: New York Post
Nigerians reacts to the effect of Covid-19 lockdown
- Why Ex-President, Obasanjo Shut Door Against Mourners At Mother-In-Law’s Funeral
- Rear Admiral Onubi’s Daughter, Driver Ambushed And Killed By Gunmen
- IGP Adamu orders redeployment of mobile police officers
- Mixed Reactions Follows Agbani Darego’s Recent Looks
- Download Sarz Ft. Zlatan – Ma Lo Wa Mp3
- Download Sarz Ft. Wizkid – Hold Me Mp3
- Police Withdraw Magu’s Security As Family Raises Alarm Over Safety
- Ned Nwoko takes new mom, Regina Daniels, her co-wife and his kids on a shopping spree (video)
- Why we donated lecture theatre worth N63.2M to management – ASUU, UniJos
- Doctors pull 1.5-inch worm from woman’s tonsils after she ate sashimi
- How I had my first s.ex in the first class section of a plane – Bobrisky
- Reno Omokri Blasts Buhari For Cancelling WAEC Not Elections
- Download Do2dtun Ft. Olamide x Pepenazi – Afrobeat To The World Mp3
- Champions League: Man City could face Juventus or Lyon in quarter-finals
- Will Smith and Jada Pinkett Smith Confirm August Alsina Affair Rumors
- Meet Prophetess Mary Olubori, the woman who allegedly sells her saliva for N550,000 to her church members (VIDEO)
- Victor Moses, Nigerian star, gets rid of his long-lasting dreadlocks
- Five things to know about new EFCC acting Chairman, Mohammed Umar
- We used Dasuki’s name to defraud contractor of N25m — Suspect
- Debunked: Victoria’s Secret RFID technology is not used to track customers
- Ghanaian Comedian dumps Bible and Quran into the toilet, calls them slave manual
- Photos from the naming ceremony of Regina Daniels and Ned Nwoko’s son
- Prophetess Mary Olubori allegedly selling her saliva to her members for N550,000
- Amber Heard mocked Johnny Depp as ‘victim of domestic violence’: lawyer
- Will and Jada Pinkett-Smith admit Jada had a relationship with August Alsina 4 years ago but claim they were separated at the time (video)
- Nigerian Air Force announces date, guidelines for 2020 recruitment
- Fay downgraded to tropical depression after making landfall in southern NYC
- Prominent Nigerians trying to spoil my dream of becoming next Director-General of WTO, says Okonjo-Iweala
- Imo gov’t queries IMSU VC over alleged mismanagement
- Leave Hushpuppi to carry his cross, no one should weep for him, there are many Hushpuppis still around – Police PRO Mba Says
- WAEC: Nigeria is not at war, allow our children to write WASSCE – Bamgbose tells Buhari
- Amaechi celebrates old Rivers’ governor, Ada-George
- Teen shot dead outside Brooklyn hotel Friday evening
- GARBA LAWAL: It was painful losing 2000 AFCON to Cameroon
- MLB 2020 coronavirus effect: No easy way to talk about it
- Let’s forget Ethnicity or religion and choose the right person for 2023 Presidency – Prof Ango Abdullahi
- Will Smith’s Jada Pinkett admits romantic relationship with August Alsina
- One can thrive in many fields by constantly evolving — Asiricomedy
- EFCC under Magu was a citadel, a cesspool, a cathedral and castle of corruption —Senator Shehu Sani
- Trump confirms 2018 US cyberattack against Russia
- COVID-19 Social distancing flouted as Nigeria’s Attorney-General, Malami, Buys Multi-million Naira Mansion For Newly married son
- Taming the conundrum of pension fraud in Imo
- The many challenges of being Governor Obianos spokesman — James Eze
- Reps disagree with education minister, reject cancellation of WASSCE
- MDAs to get 50% allocation this month as Buhari signs N10.8trn 2020 revised budget
- CSOs raise alarm over genetically-engineered mosquitoes in Nigeria
- Tension In Aso Rock, Panic Everywhere as NFIU office burgled, computers taken away
- NDDC N40bn Probe: Check abuses of NDDC budget procedures, Akpabio tells Senate
- Magu shuns police cell, sleeps in mosque
- Nets’ Rodions Kurucs will be relied on to help fill power forward hole
- EPL: Peter Crouch names clubs to challenge Liverpool for title next season
- 1966 still haunts Nigeria —Toe Ekechi
- Magu to answer links with Bureau De Change over N336bn, $435m, 14m Euros
- Ugwuanyi inaugurates Advisory Committee on community policing
- National Consultative Front, NCF and the emerging pattern of politics, politicking and politricks