Late Abiola Ajimobi’s wife Florence Ajimobi, wearing all black outfit accuses Oyo state deputy Governor of not reaching out or sending words of encouragement after her husband died.
Florence, widow of ex- Oyo Governor Abiola Ajimobi, was angry about how the Oyo State government led by Seyi Makinde treated her husband in the last one month of his illness and she expressed her feeling when she received a delegation led by the Oyo Deputy Governor, Mr Rauf Olaniyan at their Oluyole residence.
Other delegations and Governors were also present at the scene.
She said: “Although I should not be the one speaking but I just want to clear the air on a lot of misgivings that has been spreading.
“On behalf of my late husband, children and the entire Ajimobi’s family, I want to sincerely thank you for all your support at this very crucial point of our lives.
“My husband is not a very difficult man but thank God we are here today. For me, when things like this happen, I want to pick up something. It is a time for everyone of us to reflect on our lives because death is a necessary end. It will come when it will come. We don’t know who is next and we don’t know when our time will come.
“Either you are a Christian or a Muslim, both religions teach love and peace and I am glad that the Deputy Governor of Oyo State is here because I need to put some records straight. It is the first time I’m going to make any public announcement or statement since my husband actually died.
“I opened the papers a couple of days ago and I saw the Oyo State Government writing a lot of things.
“Your Excellency, the Deputy Governor of Oyo State, for the avoidance of misinformation to the public and damage to the image of my husband because my husband is a peace-loving person. He lived for peace passionately.
“My husband took ill on the 22nd of May and he was hospitalised and I was reading in the papers that the Governor of Oyo State, His Excellency Seyi Makinde, claimed he called me. But he didn’t.”
Referring to the Deputy Governor, she said “I don’t have your number and I have never spoken with you on phone. But it’s important we put the records straight because this is a family of politicians and I don’t want anybody to tarnish my husband’s name and well my husband is gone. It could be me or anyone else tomorrow.
“Life in itself is vanity upon vanity. Either you are PDP or APC, the man is dead and he has been buried.
“But the Governor didn’t call me. Even if he had called me and I didn’t pick his calls, I don’t have his number and I have never spoken with him on the phone. He could have sent me a text message for record purposes.
“And then today again, I read in the papers and saw how the Ajimobi’s family was lying about something again
“Mr Deputy, my husband never had anything against the Governor or anyone else. We were in different parties but he was an elder stateman and he slept on the ground.
“The Governor of Oyo State never called me nor sent a condolence message, my husband was hospitalised for one month. What politics are we playing, please?
Governor Makinde claimed he called me but he never did – Ajimobi’s widow, Florence. pic.twitter.com/ZWKqNMSIH5
— Laila Ijeoma | Lailasnews.com (@LailaIjeoma) June 28, 2020
“Life is short, I’m a Christian and my husband is a Muslim, we all should let the fear of God guide us in whatever we are doing. Ajimobi is gone today. Whatever he does doesn’t matter to me. It doesn’t matter to me as his wife and his widow. I’m going to mourn and respect my husband’s wishes and that was what I did today, laid him to rest peacefully.
“I don’t want any controversy. Everything I read in the papers, I just swallowed them all and let it go. So, please, the press are here, we never had any rift with the Governor with the state government. I never dialogued with them. I never contacted them nor sent them a word because I didn’t know it was necessary for me to send official messages that my husband was hospitalised.
“I didn’t send messages to Governor Fayemi. I didn’t send to Governor Ganduje. I didn’t send to Lagos State Governor, I didn’t send messages to anybody because it was all over the social media and they knew that my husband was ill.
“I think the least anybody can do as a God-fearing person was at least to send me a word of encouragement at that time. And even after he died. Not even you Mr Deputy Governor called. If you had called me as you claimed and I didn’t pick, you could have at least sent me a message Sir.
“I don’t have your number, I am the wife of a politician, I don’t pick numbers that I don’t know Sir. You can send a message. Everybody is going to die. My husband is dead and he served this state for eight good years.
“Are you saying he didn’t contribute anything to this state and you could not honour him for a second? The man is dead and I need to put the record straight. I don’t want anybody, any government to tarnish my husband’s image. He was a peace loving man. And he played his role and he’s gone.”
“Nobody can be on the stage for so long. You come, play your roles and you leave. Somebody else comes. I pray for Governor Seyi Makinde to succeed because that is the only time I would say that my husband succeeded.
“So, please let’s put the record straight. I never had any interactions with Governor Seyi Makinde, he did not contact the family and that is the fact. His deputy Governor is here, he did not even send me a text message and I don’t have your number and I don’t pick calls from numbers that I don’t know. So, please let’s stop dirty politics.”
Watch the video showing her accusing the deputy governor below:
Late Ajimobi’s wife to Oyo deputy governor: You should have sent me a text message; everybody will die…pic.twitter.com/FYaWw0mACv
— Laila Ijeoma | Lailasnews.com (@LailaIjeoma) June 28, 2020
Eyewitness? Submit your stories now via WhatsApp: +2348034798719. Email: email@example.com.
Nigerians reacts to the effect of Covid-19 lockdown
- Why Ex-President, Obasanjo Shut Door Against Mourners At Mother-In-Law’s Funeral
- Rear Admiral Onubi’s Daughter, Driver Ambushed And Killed By Gunmen
- IGP Adamu orders redeployment of mobile police officers
- Mixed Reactions Follows Agbani Darego’s Recent Looks
- Police Withdraw Magu’s Security As Family Raises Alarm Over Safety
- Ned Nwoko takes new mom, Regina Daniels, her co-wife and his kids on a shopping spree (video)
- Why we donated lecture theatre worth N63.2M to management – ASUU, UniJos
- How I had my first s.ex in the first class section of a plane – Bobrisky
- Reno Omokri Blasts Buhari For Cancelling WAEC Not Elections
- Victor Moses, Nigerian star, gets rid of his long-lasting dreadlocks
- Will Smith and Jada Pinkett Smith Confirm August Alsina Affair Rumors
- Meet Prophetess Mary Olubori, the woman who allegedly sells her saliva for N550,000 to her church members (VIDEO)
- Photos from the naming ceremony of Regina Daniels and Ned Nwoko’s son
- Debunked: Victoria’s Secret RFID technology is not used to track customers
- Five things to know about new EFCC acting Chairman, Mohammed Umar
- We used Dasuki’s name to defraud contractor of N25m — Suspect
- Ghanaian Comedian dumps Bible and Quran into the toilet, calls them slave manual
- Victor Osimhen linked up with a move to Premier League club Everton
- NYC walking tour: Broadway’s best food, drink and architecture
- Amber Heard mocked Johnny Depp as ‘victim of domestic violence’: lawyer
- Iheanacho says Leicester City Ready For Top-Four Battle
- Will and Jada Pinkett-Smith admit Jada had a relationship with August Alsina 4 years ago but claim they were separated at the time (video)
- Celebrities swear by these stylish face masks to stay safe
- Will and Jada Smith admits to August relationship
- Div. III NESCAC the latest conference to cancel fall sports
- Troops rescue 3 kidnapped victims in Kaduna
- ”Love of my life” – Adekunle Gold reacts as Simi shares first photo since the birth of their daughter
- Why we must bear pain and shut the Third Mainland Bridge
- More troubles for Akeredolu as Ondo workers set for showdown, threaten strike
- Nigeria police begins recruitment of new constables
- EFCC: Ibrahim Magu corrupt, fake anti-corruption boss – Shehu Sani
- [JUST IN] One dies, six rescued as three-storey building collapses in Lagos
- President Buhari fair to Igbos despite low 2015, 2019 votes – Femi Adesina
- EPL: Mark Lawrenson predicts scorelines of Sheffield United vs Chelsea, Liverpool vs Burnley
- EDO 2020: Buhari’ll shock those who think he’ll rig for APC — Idahosa
- Nigerian Air Force announces date, guidelines for 2020 recruitment
- Fay downgraded to tropical depression after making landfall in southern NYC
- Prominent Nigerians trying to spoil my dream of becoming next Director-General of WTO, says Okonjo-Iweala
- Imo gov’t queries IMSU VC over alleged mismanagement
- Leave Hushpuppi to carry his cross, no one should weep for him, there are many Hushpuppis still around – Police PRO Mba Says
- WAEC: Nigeria is not at war, allow our children to write WASSCE – Bamgbose tells Buhari
- Amaechi celebrates old Rivers’ governor, Ada-George
- Teen shot dead outside Brooklyn hotel Friday evening
- GARBA LAWAL: It was painful losing 2000 AFCON to Cameroon
- MLB 2020 coronavirus effect: No easy way to talk about it
- Let’s forget Ethnicity or religion and choose the right person for 2023 Presidency – Prof Ango Abdullahi
- Will Smith’s Jada Pinkett admits romantic relationship with August Alsina
- One can thrive in many fields by constantly evolving — Asiricomedy
- EFCC under Magu was a citadel, a cesspool, a cathedral and castle of corruption —Senator Shehu Sani
- Trump confirms 2018 US cyberattack against Russia
- COVID-19 Social distancing flouted as Nigeria’s Attorney-General, Malami, Buys Multi-million Naira Mansion For Newly married son
- Taming the conundrum of pension fraud in Imo
- The many challenges of being Governor Obianos spokesman — James Eze
- Reps disagree with education minister, reject cancellation of WASSCE
- MDAs to get 50% allocation this month as Buhari signs N10.8trn 2020 revised budget