Nets’ Wilson Chandler opts out of NBA’s Orlando restart

Wilson Chandler has said no to Orlando.

The Nets veteran forward, citing health concerns, has opted out of playing in the NBA’s restart, a source confirmed. Commissioner Adam Silver has given players permission to not play because of the fear of COVID-19 spread without violating their contracts. However, Chandler will be docked eight regular-season games from his wages. The penalty is 1/90 of his pay for each game he misses.

“As difficult as it will be to not be with my teammates, the health and well-being of my family has to come first,” Chandler told ESPN. “Thank you to the Nets organization for understanding and supporting me in this decision and I will be watching and rooting for our team in Orlando.”

Chandler, a former Knicks first-round pick, was obtained by the Nets last summer as a 33-year-old free agent, signing a one-year, $2.5 million deal. He made headlines early in the pandemic by having a run-in with the manager of his building in New York over social distancing.

Chandler was reportedly told to stay out of the lobby because four Nets players, including Kevin Durant, tested positive for COVID-19.

“Didn’t even ask was I ok, one. And two, she didn’t ask me if I had been tested and if it was negative or positive,” Chandler tweeted on March 18. “F–k this building man. I’m going home.”

Source: New York Post

Eyewitness? Submit your stories now via WhatsApp: +2348034798719. Email: newsdesk@newzandar.com.

Contact Us          Advertise

 

What will make you commit suicide?

ALSO READ  Ex-lawmaker laments unpaid entitlement

Trending Now

Recent Posts

ALSO READ  Africa Magic launches Live Band “Owanbe” Groove - #AMOwambe Premiering on Africa Magic Urban and Family

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.




This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.